Win Multiple installations of Kodi possible?
(2017-11-25, 15:15)sgalant1 Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 12:16)trogggy Wrote: As many as you like.
Just use portable mode.
 Hi, sorry to piggyback but what i really need to know is HOW aside from compiling do you install the second version. I am using ubuntu 16 and apt seems to be option i run into but wont that overwrite current kodi which i want to keep.I would like to install the second version to a usb hard drive. Sorry if i am missing something , any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You have posted in the Windows forum asking about using a Windows installation feature on Linux, not sure if it’s even possible to do portable installs on Linux, the best place for you question is the Linux forum.
Just use portable mode.
 Hi, sorry to piggyback but what i really need to know is HOW aside from compiling do you install the second version. I am using ubuntu 16 and apt seems to be option i run into but wont that overwrite current kodi which i want to keep.I would like to install the second version to a usb hard drive. Sorry if i am missing something , any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks   
What you're missing is that this is a windows thread.  Installing multiple versions in windows is trivial, but it's a windows-only solution.  You need to search / ask in the linux section (and I've no idea if it's possible).
Edit: didn't see the reply above, which I seem to have repeated.  Didn't there used to be an option to delete a post?>
(2017-11-25, 15:47)trogggy Wrote:
Just use portable mode.
Thanks    
What you're missing is that this is a windows thread.  Installing multiple versions in windows is trivial, but it's a windows-only solution.  You need to search / ask in the linux section (and I've no idea if it's possible).
Edit: didn't see the reply above, which I seem to have repeated.  Didn't there used to be an option to delete a post?> 
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple installations of Kodi possible?0