Two paths for same files
(2015-07-29, 23:21)nikstra Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 09:54)perpis Wrote: Thank you for your option, it also sounds good idea to use symlink. How would it work? Would it require one symlink per Kodi instance, am I right? I mean, one in the current Windows based Kodi and another one in the OpenELEC once I start using it, right?

Yes, one symlink per Kodi instance or more correctly, one per operating system installation as they are a part of the OS. But, do you really need this functionality for every computer?

Yes, probably not for every computer but I think that at least for a couple of them.

Regarding the new error, here is the log in case anyone can find what is happening:
http://pastebin.com/hnhy2EGM
The error appears in 17:50:44
Here is a wild guess since no one else has replied. I think that the spaces in "Seagate Exapansion Dr" are messing things up. Try and escape each space with a backslash.

Change this:
Code:
<to>/var/media/Seagate Exapansion Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/</to>

to this:
Code:
<to>/var/media/Seagate\ Exapansion\ Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/</to>
Hello and thank you for your reply.

I already tried that before posting the log and it didn't work either. I also tried with

Code:
<to>'/var/media/Seagate\ Exapansion\ Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/'</to>

but didn't work either.

And I cannot find any other error in the log that points me to the problem. Can you or someone else find any other idea?
(2015-07-31, 09:06)perpis Wrote: Hello and thank you for your reply.

I already tried that before posting the log and it didn't work either. I also tried with

Code:
<to>'/var/media/Seagate\ Exapansion\ Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/'</to>

but didn't work either.

And I cannot find any other error in the log that points me to the problem. Can you or someone else find any other idea?

Maybe it is a copy/paste error, but you should either escape spaces with backslashes or use quotes, not both.

Like this:
Code:
<to>/var/media/Seagate\ Exapansion\ Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/</to>

or like this:
Code:
<to>'/var/media/Seagate Exapansion Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/'</to>

Maybe there is some other escape character that Kodi uses but I can't find it documented anywhere...

I don't know if the spaces is the issue here but it is generally a good idea to avoid spaces and non US-ASCII characters in names when sharing stuff between different operating systems and on networks. I would change the disk label to something without spaces. At least this would eliminate one possible error source.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes it was a Copy/Paste error, I tried once with backslashes and once with quotes, never both at the same time. Smile

That is the default name of the drive, but you are right in what you say about spaces.

BUT I have found the problem and, sorry for wasting your time, but I cannot be more stupid. Have you noticed the extra a in Expansion?

Using just:
Code:
<to>/var/media/Seagate Expansion Dr/_WDPROT/WDSAFE/Abril2015/shares/Video/</to>
works fine! Without any need for escape spaces.

Thank you for your help!!
Hmm, spelling errors can be hard to spot Smile
I usually copy paths from Windows Explorers address bar or from the output of the cd or pwd commands when I'm in the specific directory in a command prompt.
Yes I usually do the same, but as I was just starting with OpenELEC I went the old fashioned way. Big Grin
But thank you for suggesting me to double check the paths!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two paths for same files0