v15 Back Up and Restore
As a result of deliberations on another thread I want to back up my current settings on my current Kodi version, being J****** v16.

However, as with Isengard v15.0 (and I wish I had flagged it up before) when setting the path preferences within Back Up or Restore an external HD is not recognised. It is with Helix so I have to install Helix, restore my settings from my external HD to Helix and then upgrade to Isengard.

Can the Back Up/Restore function in this respect be reinstated in Isengard (and for that matter J******) as it is in Helix?

EDIT: Actually I have flagged it up before in this thread, but it went unanswered.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ht=Restore
Still works for me. I don't know why it would suddenly not see external drives for you just because it's v15 Isegnard or v16 Jarvis.
(2015-07-21, 21:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Still works for me. I don't know why it would suddenly not see external drives for you just because it's v15 Isegnard or v16 Jarvis.

Thanks as ever for your reply.

I will try again but got round my immediate problem by backing up to the box itself and then restoring - a process which went very quickly.

Now I need to see if it is possible to copy/move the back up file to an external HD - not a subject for this forum, though.
Ned, are you absolutely sure that both Isengard and v16 recognise an ext. HD and/or a flash drive in the Path choice within the Back Up/Restore add-on on your Android box?

I have tried again and again and only in Helix (actually SPMC V14.2) do they show and all this on exactly the same Android box.
Pretty sure. Where are you looking for the drive? In theory, it should automatically list itself somewhere easily as a removable drive (not sure where for the backup selection box), but it should also be listed in some mount folder for Android.
(2015-07-24, 09:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Pretty sure. Where are you looking for the drive? In theory, it should automatically list itself somewhere easily as a removable drive (not sure where for the backup selection box), but it should also be listed in some mount folder for Android.

Thank you, Ned, for taking the time to look into this.

On my box I have attached a flash drive and an external HD to two separate USB ports.

First I open SPMC Helix. On launching the Backup add-on and choosing Open Settings, under General and with Remote Path Type set as Browse Path, if I then click on Browse Remote Path I get the following list.

Ext. HD
External storage
FLASH DRIVE
internal_sd
Network Filesystem (NFS)
Root filesystem
UPnP Devices
Windows network (SMB)
Zeroconf Browser

From the above the first and third entries are my attached devices and I can easily chose either of them to back up to.

Now, after exiting from Helix and launching Isengard and doing exactly the same I get the above list but this time with the first and third entries not listed, so, obviously, I cannot choose either of them for backing up.

For what it is worth this was also the case on V16 when I temporarily had it on my box - the subject of another thread.

I would be very interested to know if your experience is different to mine. There are, of course, workrounds but it seems a pity that the Backup add-on, which worked so well in Helix should not now work in later versions.

Looking forward to your observations.
SPMC might just be adding shortcuts for those. Try going into "Root filesystem" and then look for folders that might look like this:

/storage/external_storage/sda1/

or maybe something in a folder called "mnt".

That should also bring you to the external USB drive.
(2015-07-24, 19:34)Ned Scott Wrote: SPMC might just be adding shortcuts for those. Try going into "Root filesystem" and then look for folders that might look like this:

/storage/external_storage/sda1/

or maybe something in a folder called "mnt".

That should also bring you to the external USB drive.

Yes, that's it. They are both shown separately under mnt > usb_storage.

I have to say I prefer the simplicity of how it was under Helix (not just SPMC Helix, either).

Can I request this feature is reinstated in any upgrade of Isengard and in v16?

Anyway, thanks again for your input, that's another piece of knowledge tucked away.
Not sure why it isn't in v15. Koying might know.
Yep I have the same problem using backup using v15 Isegnard

I have tried several paths

It just will not seem to workHuh

I even tried USB Wizard
No worky either
Mmm... Might have forgotten to PR (or was rejected). Will check...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Up and Restore0