Android Kodi Client 0% buffer after channel change live tv
Ok. I have kodi helix 14.2 installed on both my windows 7 pc (server) and my g box q (client). I am using nextpvr as my backend on my pc server. I am using the nextpvr addon as my front end on my g box q. Alsomt everything works great. When I watch live tv on my g box q client's kodi, it will play the 1st channel I view fine with no audio or video issues. If I stop playback of that channel and start watching another through the epg guide, the playback screen stays black and it hangs buffering at 0%. If I try to return to kodi, the background on my main screen is grayed out. I wind up having to reboot my g box q and killing my nextpvr on my server pc and restarting it.Anyone have a clue? I can watch and change channels in kodi directly on my pc server. Help would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention that I have a Hauppauge wintv dcr 2650 tuner on my pc server.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Configuring_live_TV_settings

What you haven't mentioned is your connection type to the Matricom device. If your box isn't Cat(x) wired or using a MoCA device - I suggest you do so as well. Wireless is great - but not for live TV unless optimally placed.

Is the Matricom up to the latest firmware?

And what type of Android Kodi are you using? Matricom modified - or the android version directly from KODI.

I have a MX2 (now running OpenELC) that I wound up bouncing the firmware to base (to get all the crap off), and then deleting the *modified* matricom version of Kodi and putting on the direct version. I am sure your Box Q is the same. Haven't been impressed with Matricom since they simply abandoned the MX2 (and abruptly at that) in favor of your box. But I rant.

You shouldn't have to reboot or do anything to the backend. And when your Matricom craps - can you still operate channels on your backend/frontend server? The front end Kodi add-on simply pulls information from the backend - It doesn't change anything - except lock a channel for use.

Next: what does your logs say? Either DEBUG or standard component?

Is your NEXTPVR backend software updated, and settings correct?

Aside from that - next time please ensure you post enough details about your system that someone doesn't have to take a shotgun approach to help you. It's like saying my car doesn't work, when the tire is flat. And it guarantees a fast and concise answer when possible. Smile

Thanks!
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Thanks for the help Redwing! Sorry about the lack of details in my original post. I do indeed have the matricom skinned version of kodi on my g box q. Not sure on the firmware. I'm preparing for a vacation out of the country and haven't had any time at all since I originally posted. I have kodi 14.2 on both my pc and g box. I'd be hesitant to replace the matricom kodi with the stripped version because I got the box preloaded and don't want to lose everything. When I have time, I will check the firmware on my g box. Can I easily flash an update without losing anything? Thanks again for your time.
(2015-07-23, 21:14)JJTraxx Wrote: Thanks for the help Redwing! Sorry about the lack of details in my original post. I do indeed have the matricom skinned version of kodi on my g box q. Not sure on the firmware. I'm preparing for a vacation out of the country and haven't had any time at all since I originally posted. I have kodi 14.2 on both my pc and g box. I'd be hesitant to replace the matricom kodi with the stripped version because I got the box preloaded and don't want to lose everything. When I have time, I will check the firmware on my g box. Can I easily flash an update without losing anything? Thanks again for your time.

Up to you. Preloaded Matricom isn't all that. Anyways you can delete the Kodi app, and reinstall with the Kodi direct version. All you will miss is the Matricom splash and whatever they decided was best for you.

As to the flash and such. Simply follow the Matricom guides. However that isn't relevant here and it wouldn't be appropriate on this section to advise you.

HTPC land is all about figuring stuff out. Remember.. You are your own TV station now, and you are responsible for knowing how it works. Otherwise go back to paying monthly and have someone else do it. Search search search. Smile.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Quick question along the same lines...........I just bought the g box q along with a Hauppauge 1191 WinTV-HVR-955Q USB TV Tuner For Notebook. My question is, will I be able to record my sports games from Kodi like a dvr would do?? Please tell me yes!!!, I'm new to this, so, if you need more details, please let me know and I will get them for you
Yes. You need a backend pvr, the associated kodi pvr addon and you are right as rain. There is plenty of documentation on this depending your pvr choice. I recommend Nextpvr (since you are in the forum) and an EPG service like schedules direct. Nextpvr is extremely friendly. But the choice is yours there are good options out there pending what you want to do, and your configuration choices.
Thanks!!! I am a little confused. My front end would be the g box q with the usb tv tuner, and the back end would be next pvr or something similar??
Correct. To save some typing see the first para here : http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/front-end

You can have a backend and front end on the same machine, and every instance of kodi you use is a front end.

So, in this case say you have it all on the same machine:
Nextpvr application would use your tuner to get the TV. It gathers the channels and you configure as necessary for channel numbers, naming, etc. However it acts like a server since you won't have to use it to view TV. You only need one of these. Backend.

Kodi, with the Nextpvr addon pulls from the backend program and shows your your channels, and actual tv shows, mirroring what your have configured. Front end.

then other laptops or device you load kodi, the addon and point them to the backend configuration.
Thanks a ton!!!! Someone told me that unless I changed the g box q to openelec, I wouldn't be able to use it as a pvr...........another quick question.......with the tv tuner that I'll have...will I be able to go into kodi.....and, let's say, go into sports devil , find when the Steelers are playing and set up a recording from what's playing on sports devilHuh Or does it have to be what my antenna pulls in??
Two things

1. Sports devil is a blacklisted topic here. Can't help there.

2. Yes, I forgot to mention that most pvr software needs a higher horsepower box, Linux or windows to run. Therefore you would need a dedicated backend to work efficiently. That q would possibly be strained.

Openelc would use http://kodi.wiki/view/Tvheadend_PVR for example. But. For android, openelc is a special build, and the only coder I know making builds with kodi is codesnake. And those are not as current as the latest kodi software.

So if you have a extra decent pc laying around, choose your flavor of OS (depending on what backend software you want to use) and use that as your backend server. Plus if you don't have a has, it would be a hosting point for your media files

Me, I have a windows pc as a backend and front end to my main TV, and bedrooms and the like have various types of front end (openelc, windows) kodi installs.
Sorry..........so if I do try and put openelec on the q....it would probably run better then the android system that it comes Stock with?? Thanks again for your time. Much appreciated
Openelc is designed to be efficient and fast. Yes it would work better as a front end than the android kodi load alone. But again, the android openelc is not the same as a full blown Linux version.
Thanks...I do have an extra laptop that is connected to my tv running windows........so I can use that?? I wouldn't need the tv tuner in the g box anymore then if I used the laptop??
Well yes or no. I don't know how you live or watch media. You could just have the laptop run and do nothing more than serve files and be the backend. Then you could use the qbox as the front end on a TV somewhere in your domicile. In this cas, your tuner would be better served on the lappy with your backend stuff.

Really there are a hundred things you can do. I am going to take a bite and state that you are super new to this. That's ok. From this point you need to start researching, and understanding the htpc ideology and what your needs are. From there you can pick a path of hardware, operating system types, and software. It can be confusing at first, but you will get the hang of it

Try here: http://mymediaexperience.com

And here: http://montgomery1.com/htpc/

These aren't the most recent, but they will give you an idea of terminology, and other items.

Then hit the kodi wiki, and stalk the forums. You will learn. It's not completely rocket science.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Kodi Client 0% buffer after channel change live tv0