Picture stretched vertically, Please help
Hi All, new to the forum & hope someone can help me.

I Have an android MX3 Ultra box running Kodi & when I watch a movie it seems to be stretched Vertically. Changing the TV (LG Smart LED) Aspect ratio doesn't make any difference, it changes the frame size of the picture but it's still stretched.

Any help welcome

Regards
r2oo
Go to system settings
Video
Acceleration
Turn off by clicking blue dot by aml codec
Picture should be fine now
Not a fix this is acworkaround
Thanks scoarch that was spot on all fixed now
Hi there, I had the same problem and this worked for me also, so thanks. I do however have a couple of questions, 1. Is this just a problem with some/all android TV boxes with Isengard? I ask because I had no problems with the same setup on my android phone and windows PC? And if this is not a fix, is there a fix been worked on? My setup was M8 android TV box with Megatron custom rom installed. also never had this issue with helix on the M8. thanks again.
See Isengard FAQ (wiki) for the entry about Amlogic devices.
This is a Firmware issue, and nothing to do with Kodi.
I've seen it on my AMlogic S805 C1 from HardKernel when testing a new Frame Rate Automation Kernel. (since fixed)
Basically you need new Firmware if you need to use the amcodec decoder.

(2015-07-22, 12:29)scoarch Wrote: Go to system settings
Video
Acceleration
Turn off by clicking blue dot by aml codec
Picture should be fine now
Not a fix this is acworkaround

Actually I have since found that disabling the aml codec has caused a problem with viewing anything in 1080p, 720p works fine but 1080p skips and then the audio gets knocked out of sync.

Any ideas?
delete
(2015-08-31, 03:25)Robotica Wrote: delete

I'm sorry, what do I need to delete?
Not sure if this thread is completely dead, but I'm having the same issue. I'm using a Matricom G-Box Q, and have tested with both XBMC & it's 4kMoviePlayer. The above workaround crashes XBMC as soon as I try to play a video. And doesn't seem to affect the other player.
Install 15.2 rc1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture stretched vertically, Please help0