Problem Tuning Sub-channels
Hi,

I use an OTA Tuner which picks up local stations that have sub-channels, like 11.2, 11.3, etc. The pvr addon often has trouble tuning to these channels. When I select one from the channel list it will often pick the parent channel instead, like 11.1. The only way it seems to be able to select the sub-channel is to stop playback, go back out to the main menu, then go back into live TV and select the channel. Has anyone experienced this?

Thx
Hi, weird issue. There is two ways:

1 - your channels 11.? have same channel number in myth: the addon choose one of them because they are same channel. In this case you should set a different channel number of each of them in myth.

2 - channel numbers are not identical: then the addon choose to stream channel with same number as channel given by Kodi core. There Kodi didn't give the good channel. Please Could you send me a debug log with debug enabled (System->System->Debug->Enable debug...) and extra debug enabled (in addon settings) ?
I think I might have problem #2. Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pjvqzukve

I started Kodi, went into LiveTV, picked channel 22.1 from the channel window list, then after it started playing I opened the channel list window again and picked channel 22.2. It would not select the channel, but instead remained on 22.1.

thx
All seems to be correct: Kodi ask to open channel WLFL-HD which is mythtv channel 1221.

The channel was : "ChanId": "1221", "ChanNum": "22_1", "CallSign": "WLFL-HD"
Code:
19:49:55 T:1268   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.mythtv_1221.pvr)
19:49:55 T:4616   DEBUG: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager::OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel 'WLFL-HD'
19:49:55 T:4616   DEBUG: opening live stream for channel 'WLFL-HD'
19:49:55 T:4616   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: PVRClientMythTV::OpenLiveStream: channel uid: 1221, num: 22
19:49:55 T:4616   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth::LiveTVPlayback::SpawnLiveTV: trying recorder num (1) channum (22_1)

Have you tried to open 22.2 instead ?

EDIT: Reading your last comment, it seems you tried to open channel 22.2. So the issue is in Kodi core.
The log doesn't contains full trace of channel info because data is too big to be stored in log. What is the name (Call Sign from myth) and Id (Channel Id from myth) of your channel 22.2 ?
The quick workaround is to not use major/minor numbers. Fortunately the addon allows to do that: You have to change the channel numbers removing character "_" or ".", or assign others numbers without character "_" or ".". For example simply removing separator "_" as below:

"22_1" becomes "221"
"22_2" becomes "222"
"22_3" becomes "223"
etc...

Let me know.
(2015-07-25, 01:11)janbar Wrote: The log doesn't contains full trace of channel info because data is too big to be stored in log. What is the name (Call Sign from myth) and Id (Channel Id from myth) of your channel 22.2 ?

Hello,

The call sign is "Country" and the XMLTV id is 69647. The channel number in myth setup is listed as 22_2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Tuning Sub-channels0