UK Sky EPG
Does anyone using VDR with UK satellite have EPG data for all channels?

Just switched from tvheadend where I had guide data for FTA and encrypted channels - on VDR I'm only getting guide data for FTA.

This on a wetek play with OE 5.95.3 if it matters.
Did you activate the eepg-Plugin ? Probably named "Extended EPG" in VDR Addon's Plugins.
Eepg and you have have to tune to epg background audio iirc
(2015-07-24, 09:22)waso Wrote: Did you activate the eepg-Plugin ? Probably named "Extended EPG" in VDR Addon's Plugins.

Yes

(2015-07-24, 09:32)Saner Wrote: Eepg and you have have to tune to epg background audio iirc

Do you know the channel details for this? I'm using a converted version of rat's e2 bouquets for channels and its not there - I'm loathe to do a full scan and monkey around with my channels again
Channelpedia is your friend Wink

channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/DVB-S/S28.2E/uk/#Rest Radio FTA

EPG Background Audio.;BSkyB:11778:VC23M2S0:S28.2E:27500:0:648=@4:0:0:4152:2:2004:0
(2015-07-24, 09:52)Saner Wrote: Channelpedia is your friend Wink

channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/DVB-S/S28.2E/uk/#Rest Radio FTA

EPG Background Audio.;BSkyB:11778:VC23M2S0:S28.2E:27500:0:648=@4:0:0:4152:2:2004:0

Brilliant! Had never heard of it. Will make life a lot easier.
This is weird - the channel is in my channels.conf and i can see it in client specific settings, but when looking in kodi channels list its not there!

Is it a radio channel?
Look under radio (if i remember correctly have not used vdr for a while) you can also force it to tune using somethjng like yatse if you have an android phone
(2015-07-24, 12:04)Saner Wrote: Look under radio (if i remember correctly have not used vdr for a while) you can also force it to tune using somethjng like yatse if you have an android phone

Perfect mate - YATSE worked, now have a full, if grey, EPG.

Out of interest why do you not use VDR anymore? As a new convert from tvh it seems much more stable.
I jump between them all, i am the worst thing to happen to my htpc because i am forever tinkering.

I will go back to vdr at some point as it is my personal fave.
(2015-07-24, 13:37)tredman Wrote: Perfect mate - YATSE worked, now have a full, if grey, EPG.

The EPG is grey because the genre data is missing for each programme. I have a patch for the eepg plugin to translate the Sky UK genre data into something compatible with VDR's genre data, producing a colour EPG in Kodi.
I should clean it up and get it committed.

Nick
(2015-07-24, 09:32)Saner Wrote: Eepg and you have have to tune to epg background audio iirc

I configure a VDR timer to run from 2am to 3am every day to update the EPG. The data comes in bursts, every couple of minutes, usually two days' worth per burst. It can take 20 minutes to get all the data.
(2015-07-26, 22:58)nickb937 Wrote:

I configure a VDR timer to run from 2am to 3am every day to update the EPG. The data comes in bursts, every couple of minutes, usually two days' worth per burst. It can take 20 minutes to get all the data.

Thanks for that.

Be keen to see your patched eepg plugin too, vdr is working perfectly now, apart from genres.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UK Sky EPG0