Audio no longer plays on some codecs with Isengard upgrade
(2015-09-04, 15:47)faser Wrote: A possible solution can be found here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2095927. But the question most likely is if in the and there is a problem with Handbrake in the first instance or only Kodi.
This worked for me. My videos were all converted with Handbrake so maybe the problem does lie there.

It's going to be fun doing the batch job on all those files...
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Repacking with mkvmerge worked for me too on W7 and Ubuntu. Changed nothing on iOS, not tested yet on Osmc.
Can't repack undreads of videos...
So if the issue comes from ffmpeg, do you know if ffmpeg 2.8 will be in any 15.x stable release?
No. We won't bump ffmpeg within kodi during v15 cycle to a newer version. We will bump 2.6.x dot releases though.
I added it on my list, perhaps I can find the upstream commit that fixed it and cherry-pick it.

Perhaps FernetMenta's eagle eye will spot it :-)

Edit:

My first guess: http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=...ad299e9c14
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any news on this?
I'm a bit hesitant to repack all my mkv+mp3 files, also because I'm not sure which ones are affected. Smile
Waiting for some future release would be ok for me though. Smile
Use a nightly - it already works there.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Cool, thanks a lot!
If you say it's fixed in the nightlies: does that mean it will be stable with 16.0 or should it already be included in 15.2?
Because I recently updated to 15.2 (RPi2 on archlinuxarm) and it still doesn't work.

Waiting for 16.0 is ok for me, just wondering if 15.2 not fixing this is to be expected or if there is more to this issue.
v16 will fix it ... it's an ffmpeg bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio no longer plays on some codecs with Isengard upgrade0