WIP TV X-ray service
What it does: Pulls trivia and goofs from imdb site, separate spoilers section(selectable in settings if you want to include them) and display them.
The Idea: When the movie finish you can activate the service via a button and read this through the credits or through the movie or whenever you want.
The Problem: I can mod but I am not that good or good at all at merging python and gui controls which I need.
What is working: The python part is working as in, is returning the info when playback starts.
* Just movies are working, shows episodes are not working because as of now kodi db doesnt have where to stored the episodes imdbID, read more here

All start because of two things, I want to learn more of python after writing service.lightpackage and because I love to read the facts, trivia, goofs, etc...after I watch a movie and wanted to do so without have to go to the imdb app in my phone and scroll the trivia, etc.. I have been working on this a few weeks, normally i dont post until I finish something because is a learning experience for me but this proved beyond what I could find and figure out on my own, Ronie and RAZZE have help a lot and all I have for them is gratitude and respect, I can ask how to get there in general but i can't keep asking for every little step. So is time for collaboration if anyone interested at all since it would be more quickly than me trying to figure this all on my own from scratch and 0 experience.

Tv X-ray service mockup v1

Tv X-ray settings

TV X-ray service, real debug log sample Wrote:09:36:29 T:4597583872 NOTICE: ##### TV X-ray: Version - 1.0.1, has started
09:39:11 T:4597583872 NOTICE: TV X-ray: Playback started for " Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens " with id: tt2488496
09:39:12 T:4597583872 NOTICE: TV X-ray: Just to test show me the facts:
[u'\n\n\n\nThe production had a preference for using real locations and miniature models over green-screens and computer-generated imagery whenever possible in order to make the film aesthetically similar to the original Star Wars trilogy. \n',
u'\n\n\n\nThe film takes place 31 years after "Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)", 56 years after "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)" and 69 years after "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)". \n',
u'\n\n\n\nThe first J.J. Abrams film not to have a musical score by Michael Giacchino. Aptly enough, Giacchino stated in an interview that he would rather hear the music of John Williams in a new Star Wars film than his own. \n',
u'\n\n\n\nIn summer 2013, it was revealed both Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill had begun a vigorous regimen of diet, exercise and stunt training to prepare for their roles of Leia and Luke, respectively. \n',
u'\n\n\n\nWhile filming in summer 2014, Harrison Ford broke his ankle on the door of the Millennium Falcon. \n',
u'\n\n\n\nWhen he was interviewed about "Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)" on TV-AM in the UK in 1983, Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) stated that George Lucas had considered bringing Mark Hamill back as Luke Skywalker as a Obi-wan Kenobi-like character passing Excalibur onto the next generation in Episode VII and that Episode VII would not be until 2011. \n',
u"\n\n\n\nAfter publicly declining to direct a new Star Wars film, J.J. Abrams was visited at his Bad Robot office by Kathleen Kennedy. Their negotiations lasted over a month, during which time, Abrams' central concern was the vast magnitude and cultural significance of the project. \n",
....**** cut because of space !
09:39:31 T:4597583872 NOTICE: TV X-ray: playback stop/end
09:40:16 T:4597583872 NOTICE: ##### TV X-ray: Version - 1.0.1, has stopped

Thanks !

https://github.com/reavenm/service.tvxray
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Tongue 
maybe I'am the only one who does that Big Grin !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I'm definitely interested if it means I can add the Fire TV's X-Ray features to my Fire TV skin.

http://www.aftvnews.com/overview-of-the-...-tv-stick/
Sounds like a great idea...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Cool Cool !!

https://github.com/reavenm/service.tvxray
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2015-07-24, 23:27)Hitcher Wrote: I'm definitely interested if it means I can add the Fire TV's X-Ray features to my Fire TV skin.

http://www.aftvnews.com/overview-of-the-...-tv-stick/

That would be great, it would be even better than the original FTV xray since it will show all the trivia, facts, goofs available.
I was watching Mr. Robot and compare the trivia with the site and there was just a few of them on the fire tv and a bunch on the site that didn't show up, beside that you have to stop playing the show to view them.

I own the Ftv and i have seen the feature but afaik the full experience is if you use a fire tablet along.
The only great, absolutely awesome thing is that the trivias are pair up with the scenes, A project that cross my mind but it would be monumental to create an scraper with facts, trivia, etc... for (movies, shows and even music) that are pair up with time markers at least for video that you could query from the service and show at the right moment, I dont know am just thinking out loud !!! Tongue
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
This would be awesome - essentially, visual commentary based on IMDB's user-input trivia and goofs!

Would love it even more with Hitcher's FTV skin
Great idea! I do that a lot for almost every movie I watch Smile

Is there anything I can test on the skin side?
Synced up with scenes would be epic! It might even be something that themoviedb would incorporate. I watched The Breakfast Club on satellite one day and it came up with some good ones.

It's still a pretty sweet idea, nevertheless. I'd also like to be able to pull a random one up in a skin or whatever.
(2015-07-28, 21:56)Gade Wrote: Great idea! I do that a lot for almost every movie I watch Smile

Is there anything I can test on the skin side?

as soon as the credits rolls I put out my phone to read the trivia, facts, etc... section !

(2015-07-28, 21:56)Gade Wrote: Is there anything I can test on the skin side?

Unfortunately nothing yet on the skin side
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV X-ray service1