Add Source to library mode without scraper.
Hello XBMC Team. I’m a very happy user of your wonderful software but i think there is some things missing.

1. When you add a source why can you not select a USB drive if it is not mounted (live version) you have the ability to see the USB drive inside xbmc already?

2. I really miss the option of adding a source to library mode without the need of scrapers. So it only shows the files and you don’t need to Manuel add every movie. The reason for this is that i have a Video camera and I wood love to add my recordings to the library.

3. It will be nice to have the ability to group your library into groups.
So all my child movies dos not get mixed whit adult movies in library.
Also to put child lock on the "adult" group.

Other then that.. Wonderful works you guys are doing. Big Grin

And sorry for my bad English

Kind regards
Kenneth T.
1) cause it's considered a volatile filesystem
2) we know. the long term goal is to allow this, but it needs tons of restructuring.
3) organize by file source, lock that source. when the source is locked, only children's movies show up. voila.
spiff Wrote:2) we know. the long term goal is to allow this, but it needs tons of restructuring.

Question on this, as it was something that really jumped out at me as lacking when I was trying to install xbmc. What is the thing that causes this to be hard? Is it because xbmc either runs everything in library mode or everything not, but not able to switch it on at a per source level?

Just wondering what the complexity is?
bad database design basically. it was designed by "a guy" (ie me) that had no prior experience and it shows in the schemes. content type is not a dynamic thing, we have fixed tables for shows, movies and musicvideos..
You could just create a simple nfo with title only to get them into your library, just hit "i" in file mode and they get added

Code:
<movie>
  <title>Home Video</title>
</movie>
>>X<<' Wrote:You could just create a simple nfo with title only to get them into your library, just hit "i" in file mode and they get added

Code:
<movie>
  <title>Home Video</title>
</movie>

Yes but dont i need to do that whit all my movie recordings?
Because if that is the case then its not a good idea. then i might as well shift to "not library" mode and enter the folder for my recordings.

@spiff thanks. i will tray to sort when i come home Smile

Have a nice day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Source to library mode without scraper.0