UserData profiles (databases and thumbnails cache) on a SMB/Samba network share?
firnsy Wrote:Yes.

Thank you so much!! I tried to search as best I could before posting, but apparently I was using the wrong terms. :o You're a lifesaver.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Follow Me"?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and didn't read the thread closely enough. Answered my own question. Thanks again firnsy!
Follow Me: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=24415
Just remember to post back with any issues you have on the initial dev thread.

Hopefully this will be included in the mainline soon, but definitely getting some other testers and positive feedback will assist.
So it looks like finally there is a way to use a database that allows for concurrent users. Nod very nice indeed Nod

I will have to build that this evening Cool

I'm looking forward to seeing this land in the main development branch as it would certainly make a lot of peoples lives a whole lot easier. Could you explain why only the video's and music DB's got the honor of being placed in a MySQL db and the poor programs and pictures databases will have to keep on using SQLite3 as their data storage engine?
rcoops Wrote:Could you explain why only the video's and music DB's got the honor of being placed in a MySQL db and the poor programs and pictures databases will have to keep on using SQLite3 as their data storage engine?

Hey rcoops,

I *think* the answer to your question can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...2&p=381142

...wherein they're looking to get a solid proof-of-concept with one library first, rather than tackling all libraries simultaneously...
jmarshall Wrote:I see little point in working on multiple libraries until one has been proven well-defined and working, but don't let that stop you.

...unless I misunderstood your question. Smile

-cam
I am glad that XBMC is really up and healthy with people still working full time on making it better every day.

I still use my XBOX Daily And made it so that I keep the file data on the drive for the thumbnails by naming outing in a file folder named "folder" and in setting a jpeg in it for the dvd cover.

Man It takes days to do this for a BIG Media Library but it is worth it.

I'm about to take the ION chip set plunge for the new box. Sice XBMC went Multiplatform. Things are GREAT!

I'm staring to use WindowsMediaCenter since it is there. But nothing beats XBMC for versatility.

I kind of gave up on the other scrapers and alike. And thanks to XBMC, My kids have movies that they can't scratch up.

The xbox port is being done by another project. And I can't find 3tch anymore to get the latest builds. But I need to just try harder or build my own. Somthing I really need to do.

Thank you all for making my life That much better. And Lets hope that XBMC never dies. I would Cry man. No joke.
for NEW XBOX version go here.
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/
I was wondering if there might be a way to store the profiles and skins of an XBMC installation remotely. I make frequent changes to the skins and it would be nice to have these reflected everywhere in real time, as well as the profiles.

I've read on Lifehacker that it's possible to set it up with MySQL, but that was for synching playback times. Also, one of our setups is running XBMC Live, and I get the feeling it wouldnt be able to be setup that way. Is there any way to accomplish this?
I tried to get a centralized database working by using mysql but my libraries won't update after the setup is complete even if I restore the database to the server after making the advancedsettings.xml changes.

I'm running on windows 7 here and wondered if the 2008 ntfs symlink feature was available, IT IS!

I just used a command like this to link the userdata folder to a UNC folder path. it seems to work just like a symlink to network on linux.

Command:
mklink /D c:\local_userdata_path \\Remote_userdata_path

YMMV good luck!
I Know the devs are reworking the DB's at the mo to be customizable & not fixed like they are now. Can one of the devs say whether centralization for thumbs profile etc.. is on the list?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UserData profiles (databases and thumbnails cache) on a SMB/Samba network share?0