There's a guy selling FireTV sticks with Kodi and 1Channel installed in my area…
(2015-07-26, 23:34)anonomys209 Wrote: Wow. That's incredible. And here I thought I was doing the right thing by defending the devs, and no one actually gives a shit.

maybe you should first read the license that comes with Kodi before making such assumptions?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/x...ICENSE.GPL
Quote:Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
this service if you wish)

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and
you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
...I don't see where it says you can package it up with third party plugins that are not approved or condoned, and call it yours?
But that's all fine with me man, like I said, I was concerned because this guy is basically selling Kodi software and third party plugins like he made them, but if no one gives a shit that someone is profiting off of other's hard work under false pretenses, then by any means, ignore me.
That's what I get for doing the right thing. Next time I see someone getting ripped off I suppose I'll just encourage it since that's what's going on here.
I guess getting into the business of raping people who don't know you can install Kodi for free is a good idea!
Enough. Like it or not, people are sometimes free to do shitty things.
Do we like what this user does, no. Is he allowed to sell GPL software, yes. Is he allowed to violate our trademark by distribution Kodi with third party add-ons, no. Can XBMC foundation do something about it, not yet as trademark is still pending (slow Americans, grrr)
If you don't like the terms of the GPL, you're welcome to go complain to the makers of the GPL. The license pretty clearly allows for the sale of the licensed software. Like others have said, that doesn't cover the use of our trademark, but that's an unrelated issue. You can find the authors of the GPL at:

http://www.gnu.org/

I should note, it's pretty clear you've gotten yourself worked up and have now decided to use words like "raping," so if you don't cool yourself down soon, we're gonna have to give you a temporary ban until you can calm yourself. Rape is an extraordinarily serious term that should not be thrown around to describe the act of overcharging or violating a trademark.
Stop stating that nobody gives a shit and calm down man. (we give shit ...)

Also in case you read this - you can edit/append to your posts instead of starting a spam wave...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
There's a guy selling FireTV sticks with Kodi and 1Channel installed in my area…0