Kodi to Oppo "Play to"
Hi guys,

I am getting a very good deal on a Oppo 103, so my question is:

1. Will I be able to send content from Kodi to Oppo without ever having to use the oppo interface?

2. Can I use the Official Kodi remote to use the play with feature?

3. Can I use Kodi to manage libraries and use the play to or play with feature to play the files on oppo?

4. Has anybody tried this yet?

I am using Kodi Heli 14.2 Osmc on a Raspberry Pi 2.

Thanks,
Haz
The Kodi remote doesn't currently support the play to feature (that I'm aware of).

The rest of it very much depends on the Oppo, which I'm not familiar with. Kodi does not transcode or even change containers, so the Oppo would need to be able to play (for example) mkv files encoded in h264 with dts sound from a UPnP source, and it would need to be visible as a UPnP target. If even one of these things doesn't work, it wouldn't work.
Thanks for the reply is their any other remote that supports this feature? I dont need to transcode as files will play in their native format.
(2015-07-27, 13:13)haztea Wrote: Thanks for the reply is their any other remote that supports this feature? I dont need to transcode as files will play in their native format.

I'm genuinely not sure if Play to is even exposed in JSON so that remotes can take advantage of it. The documentation on the feature is fairly limited.
Thanks again Smile

Does the "play with" feature work via the Kodi web interface?

Is it available as a feature in the web interface?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Web_interface
I just bought an OPPO BDP-103D and was suggested to me I run everything I can through it to my new LG OLED 4K tv. I am dying to use the Kodi GUI for my movies. Has anyone figured out a way to run Kodi to the OPPO? Thanks.
why would you want to run Kodi thru an Oppo?
Presumably because oppos have a great picture quality reputation.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi to Oppo "Play to"1