Kodi 16 osd problem
Hi,

Just started having this problem since kodi 16.with all previous versions everything was fine.changed display drivers and still same.using a ati x1800 video card.attatched a image as its hard to describe the problem.

when watching video there lines through the entire screen.I think its a driver or setting maybe but tried all sorts of different thing and can't fix it.
windows 8.1 x64.
running kodi 16 on my Linux box and all is fine.both pc's are identical other than the operating system.
thanks
Looks like a driver issue.
Can you provide a screenshots of first two tabs of DxDiag window. To run DxDiag press Win+R, enter dxdiag and then press OK button (or Enter key).
Just to clarify, you are using nightly development builds of 16 and not the 15.0 release?
Likely the DirectX upgrade that doesn't play well with your card
@afedchin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yes nightly build....KodiSetup-20150726-d648cd6-master.exe

my indentical pc running Linux kodi 16 with no problems was compiled yesterday.
Your GFX card is from the stone age and you are using an old legacy driver that was released for Vista. Draw your own conclusions.
@Blackbear199,
Soli is right. Your driver is very old to work correctly with DirectX11. You should use Kodi 15 or upgrade your hardware.
yes,i know its a old pc that but that was the latest driver dell released.there is a windows 7 driver available via Microsoft update catalog but it does the same thing.
@Blackbear199,
You can also try this:
Quote:If you have an issue with rendering with this version, please do the following:
1. Create or update advancedsettings.xml in %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata folder with contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<allowdeferredrendering>false</allowdeferredrendering>
</advancedsettings>
2. Restart Kodi.

but this is last hope.
ok.thanks.unfortunately there are to hardware upgrades available for these dinosaurs(xps-m2010).guess kodi 15 is goin to be the best it gets unless I want to switch it over to Linux also but wanted to keep one windows based.
Possibly try in advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>
&/or
Code:
<forced3d9ex>false</forced3d9ex>
@k4sh1n
These settings are gone in v16
@ afedchin

Was unsure this was still useable with the upgrade to DX11 in v.16, Thank you for updating
This thread will be an interesting test of getting Kodi 16 with DX11 to work nice on some older hardware.

My first suggestion would be to abandoned Dell and Microsoft's drivers and go install whatever the last of AMD's official driver was. Considering how old AMD's last driver for the X1800 would be I'm not sure what change that would actually make but it's a good first step.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 osd problem0