Solved TV Shows Smart Playlist
I'm trying to separate my 4 year old's cartoons and movies so he and my wife can browse them separately instead of browsing through hundreds of movies and shows. I have mostly figured out how to do it utilizing smart playlists. It works great for movies as I have a smart playlist for movies that says if it's in a particular path, then include it. I then create a new Home Menu item created as a "Playlist Menu" then "Videos - Playlist" and select my smart playlist.

When I try to do the same thing for the cartoons, it doesn't seem to allow a "tvshows" smart playlist. If I go through the same steps above, the Submenu set defaults to Movies and changing it to TV Shows doesn't make a difference. When I go to my new menu item, it doesn't have anything in it.

Is this a bug or limitation of the skin, or a limitation of Kodi, or am I doing something wrong? My smart playlist is below for reference.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>CARTOONS</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="is">
        <value>nfs://192.168.1.110/volume1/BIGNAS/Cartoons/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
After playing around with it a little more last night (hehe), I think it has to do with TV Show smart playlists and the "path" rule. I edit my smart playlist and remove that rule and add a genre contains animation rule and it populates fine. Now my question is, is this because of the skin, or Kodi?

EDIT: I switched back to default skin and went to Videos and Playlists and clicked on each one and my Kids Movies works, but the Cartoons one still doesn't. I'm pretty sure that this is an issue with my playlist or Kodi and not with the skin, so I'll keep trying or make a post in the main forums.

EDIT2:I'm an idiot. I didn't have a scraper selected for my Cartoons folder.Tongue

BTW, thanks for an awesome skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Smart Playlist0