Win Profile corrupt, any way to repair?
A couple days ago we had some storms blow through here, which caused my power to flicker multiple times and caused my HTPC to shut down. Once I got it back up and running, several applications that were open had become corrupted and Kodi would no longer start with the error message:
"Kodi: Error unable to create application. Exiting"

I tried a couple troubleshooting steps, but nothing worked. I then uninstalled Kodi but left my profile folder. Re-installed Kodi and I got the same error. At that point I went to the appdata folder on my PC and renamed the Kodi folder under my username as "Kodi_OLD" then tried to open Kodi again and it worked and created a new Kodi folder under AppData. However, it's all back to the default settings as if it were a fresh install. I copied the folders from the _OLD version into the new one and it failed (I pretty much expected this).

Is there a way I can recover my set up? or I am I forced to re-configure everything? For example on Sonarr I simply had to delete a single file (I forget exactly what it was) and then I was back up and running. I am OK to have to re-configure the set up, but would be happier if I could somehow recover my settings.

Thanks.
most likely it's in the display or audio section of the guisettings.xml file
removing that section could solve it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the reply, tried that but no luck. So I said screw it, started with a fresh install.

But, now I cannot get any add ons, in fact I can't even change skin. The get more skins button is gone, if I go to add ons, install from repository then I get a message:

Couldn't connect to remote server.

Checking the system info in kodi it says I am connected to the Internet and the PC can browse fine.

Any ideas? Is there a server problem on the Kodi side? Odd that the get more skins button is missing and I only see Confluence and Re-touched, usually Aeon also shows up.
I'm having the same issue. I've started a thread as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profile corrupt, any way to repair?0