Windows 10 maximized window bug
Photo 
Hi all!

Kodi set to maximized window looks like this on a freshly installed Windows 10. I am using 2 screens, this happens only on the tv, on my monitor it is ok.

Any idea?

I can vouch for this issue as well. I noticed that adjusting the DPI does affect it (make text/icons smaller/larger on screen option), so that might narrow it down. But when running at 100% DPI on the TV it puts a fullscreen mode of Kodi into the bottom right corner filling up roughly 75% of screen space. The next slider up, 125% DPI, it then starts to overlap into my computer monitor.

Edit - This is what my TV shows on 100% DPI

And this is it in 125% DPI..

This is the DPI option I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/1ms4d92.png
Would this occur on single monitor (TV only)? thinking of upgrading to Windows 10. How do you like the new OS so far.
Hmm, I haven't tried disabling the monitor and seeing if the TV only works, I got a feeling it would work fine though. As for Win10 I dig it. I had a couple hiccups but they were user errors rather than Win10's fault. My video drivers didn't work during the intial boot after it all finalized. I did a manual install of them and they failed, but after a simple restart they kicked in. I also had an issue where my front panel audio wasn't working as I intended. Speakers weren't working with headphones plugged in, whereas before they would show up as two different audio devices. Turns out there was an option that defaulted to disabling speakers while headphones plugged in in the Realtek audio manager, so that fixed that. Since then everything works great. Games all run fine, even 'unlicensed' copies. I've never used Siri before so I was excited to see Cortana in action, but have noticed that it mostly just Bing's my questions. That's not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.

If you have hotseat software it does break it though, like as in Aster, I could run the TV functionally as its own separate computer, it would be controlled with its own set of controls (my wireless mouse/keyboard) without allocating "X" resources to it (vs. a virtual machine solution). So I hope Aster either updates or they add to this Virtual Desktop feature. The feature is nice if you're doing a lot of stuff, but I noticed I can't send individual Virtual Desktops to different displays, which is what I thought would be able to be done. In other words, I can only run one full screen 3D game at a time, and with kids, it's kind of a bummer as they like to play Minecraft and I like my computer for myself.
@Phweak

That DPI thing was the problem, my monitor was set to 125%, tv to 100%. Now both are at 125%, and Kodi is in fullscreen.

OFF:

I am using an extended desktop, but I have a taskbar on both screens. It is normal?

And just a remark: I had problems with the choppy menu on Windows 7.. and now on Win 10 too, and had to create an advancedsettings file wich disables the directx to fix it.
Well darn, glad it fixed it for you, but I still have the same issue Sad

Edit: Oh and to answer that question, yeah, it's normal for the taskbar to be on both screen. You'll notice its missing the systray and system clock.
Right click your taskbar and select properties.
There should be a setting to show taskbar on all displays or only the main display.
You don't want a taskbar on your Kodi display.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Right. The setting is at the bottom in the Multiple Displays section.
If anyone has this issue still, I fixed my problem as well since (it was movie night this needed to go away Big Grin). I don't know why, but for whatever reason after I updated, it wonked something out, and simply reselecting the resolution fixed it. I mean fixing the resolution within Kodi. What's weird is it said 1920x1080p, but I went ahead and picked a lower one, noticed it filled out the screen entirely, so I scrolled all the way down to 1920x1080p and for whatever reason, that filled it up and was the proper resolution. So hell if I know what went wrong, but it was a more simple fix than what I thought.

The second screen was the problematic screen, my screen cap software records both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 maximized window bug1