Req Bump Windows Build to Visual Studio 2015
Hey,

are there any plans to do this? With Visual Studio 2015 released last week it should be good to go. But when I tried to open kodi with it it said it needed to migrate the project files.

So it might be appropriate to do a new folder for the VS2015 Project? Also it will probably need a jenkins change if we want to build the 2015 version.

Cheers
Not any time soon. That would require EVERYONE to move to 2015.
We also do not want duplicate folders. Plan is to rename it to VisualStudio or something
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-07-30, 09:45)Martijn Wrote: Not any time soon. That would require EVERYONE to move to 2015.
We also do not want duplicate folders. Plan is to rename it to VisualStudio or something

Yeah, thats the problem obviously.

I haven't used it yet, but I was promised resharper like refactoring features in the VS core, not sure if this is also true for c++.
But that might be a good reason, as I'm really missing this from my community edition at home and it should help improve things.

But obviously compatibility > features for now. Just wanted to know if there is a timeline or plans at least.
Okay, I setup windows 10 yesterday and had just installed VS2015 when I wrote this. After installing VS2013 I can build the old projects without any changes in VS2015.
Workling nicely
Why did you open this thread in the first place then? *wonders*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-07-31, 11:14)Memphiz Wrote: Why did you open this thread in the first place then? *wonders*

Curiosity I guess. And sometimes I get off track and
follow up on the same thing in different ways. Maybe a sign of doing to much at the same time or not wanting to wait for one to be done? I am not sure.
On a slightly related note, compiling on the new toolchain gives basic macro redefinition errors and the like. It seems Microsoft changed somethings around that would need actual code changes.

EDIT: It breaks on https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Defs.h#L43

EDIT2: also the custom new (L:623)/delete (L:631) operator in win32/Effects11/Inc/d3dxGlobal.h are being declared in a non-global namespace as a static operator and that is not allowed any more.
And in addons/RepositoryUpdater.cpp (L:171) std::back_inserter is undefined. Although according to this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/12awccbs.aspx it should be there. (The example on that page does actually compile for me.)
It seems like a
#include <iterator>
is needed in that file.

Also there are many double to int and double to float conversion warnings, if those conversions are an accepted "risk" as it were, isn't it better to make them explicit?
This feature request has been fulfilled (although right now I wish it hadn't), perhaps someone can mark or move it as such.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bump Windows Build to Visual Studio 20150