Kodi turns off display when running in the background
If I have Kodi running in the background (minimized) while I'm doing anything else, the signal to my display is randomly cut off and then returns under Windows 7. This behavior is also present in Windows 8.1, except a key must be pressed in order for the signal to come back.

I have been troubleshooting this issue for many months. At first I had no idea Kodi was the culprit. To make a long story short, this issue has persisted over fresh OS installs (Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, then back to Windows 7), a new power supply, different graphics card, different monitors, different HDMI/DVI cables, new surge protector, and a new motherboard. And yes, my Windows power settings are set to never turn off the display.

After replacing pretty much every component in my computer and reformatting with fresh OS installations, I finally isolated the problem to Kodi. The issue never occurs when Kodi is closed. Every time it happens, Kodi is running minimized in the background.

Is there any setting in Kodi that could be causing this or is it a bug?
I remember someone who said that using some sort of configuration in Advanced Launcher did the trick.
Won't some of the screensaver settings or the "blank other displays" option cause that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi turns off display when running in the background0