Less than three items not correctly displayed
Section movies, unwatched only and poster wrap large view. I have only one item but as you can see it is displayed many times and you can scroll away in infinity times over the same item.
I tried other skins and it is only displayed once if you have less than the scroll items.

Also on the same side, if the section has no movies you get blank boxes

can this be fixed?

thank you,
Vassilis
The top one is because it's a wrap list, if I remember correctly there is a simple way now to fix this without adding a bunch of code by simply having the 4 outer ones depend on the list length. (this was not always a coding option so we still haven't implemented it in all places yet). If I get a chance I'll look at how other skinners are doing it and if it's not too much code, I'll write it out.

The lower one can be fixed by adding a couple extra conditions, again, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for pointing it out.

Time is scarce lately.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I was wrong, there is no simple way to make a wraplist not display that way. I looked at some other skins and they either do the same thing when a real wrap list is used, or they use the word "wrap" but it's really just a fixedlist. (you can tell it's not a wrap list because it doesn't wrap)
For instance Confluence's "Poster Wrap" is not a wrap list. In that view when you get to the end, the beginning title is not right next to the focused one, there is just a blank. A true wraplist will have no end, it will just "wrap" forever.

As far as being able to make a wrap list appear to not do that (display copies) the screen view would have to be completely rewritten to hide everything but the focused item, then have 4 conditionally visible fake image controls displaying the missing icons. But even then I'm not sure if the correct icons at the end of a normal sized list would show up correctly (using negative item numbers go screwy when used with a wraplist).

I tried for 2 hours but I could never fix a list with just 2 things, I could fix 1, 3, 4, sort of but never when it just had 2. It comes down to making one image display or not, but the ListItem of a wraplist of 2 items is ListItem(0)=A ListItem(1)=B ListItem(2)=A ListItem(3)=B and so on. So anything true for ListItem(1) is also true for ListItem(3), and making one image that is called multiple times decide whether or not to display does not seem possible with a wraplist.

I still could be wrong, so if you can give me the name of a skin with an actual wraplist that doesn't do the same thing (without using 5 different images) I'll code it up.

I did fix the second thing though. Here it is.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
wow MacGyver i didn't know it was that difficult!

The skin that i tried was Nebula with the cover wrap view it works there with only two items for example. i don't know if again that was not a true wrap list.

Thanks for the fix on the second one!

-Vassilis
No problem Vassilis. Smile

So I checked Nebula, and that view is just a fixedlist with the name wrap in it.

If it were a real wrap list this 31 object list wouldn't have an ending after the far right icon, it would be showing you the first object again (aka Wrapping).

However, I agree that a true wraplist with one or two objects is ugly as is.

As you can see here "Poster Fixed" looks just like Nebula.

whereas "Poster Wrap" looks like it wraps back around.

Basically to have the same view in Metropolis we could just remove the real wrap one, and name the fixedlist to wrap. Tongue

Maybe jingai might want the extra overhead to do it a different way (I do believe it is possible), but until he agrees I don't have the time to do it only to never be added.

Take care.
thanks for the effort MacGyver, really appreciated Wink
I don't really understand the point in changing Poster Wrap when we have Poster Fixed. That's kind of what that view is for.
(2015-08-05, 23:48)jingai Wrote: I don't really understand the point in changing Poster Wrap when we have Poster Fixed. That's kind of what that view is for.

if i'm not mistaked the one is big poster wrap while the other is "small" poster fixed. I prefer my posters to be big Wink
I wasn't referring to the Large Poster view. I was referring to changing "Poster Wrap" for a fixed list when we already have that.
Jingai, there was a miscommunication about the nature of how a wrap list displays lists with less than 6 items. The fact that the list wraps back around and starts displaying the ends next to each other on the screen (so it looks like copies).

I was explaining that any skin that doesn't do this is simply naming the view a "Wrap" view but is in fact not actually a wrap list but a fixed list. The fact that Metropolis uses the names correctly makes people wonder why its "wrap" lists display copies and others don't.

My part was me wondering if the true nature of a wrap list could be hidden when there are less than 6 items so as to not display copies but still be a wrap list under normal list sizes. My findings were that it can be done, but it would significantly increase the size of the view's code.

I surmised that the reason he was asking in the first place was that he likes the larger poster of the Large Poster Wrap view, and seeing as how there was no Large Poster Fixed view, he was wondering if the copies glitch could be removed from the only large poster view in Metropolis, or if a fixed version of the Large Poster Wrap view could be added. Hence the commit above.

The
Quote:Basically to have the same view in Metropolis we could just remove the real wrap one, and name the fixedlist to wrap.
was me making fun of the other skins in that we already have their view, only ours is named correctly.
I understand what you meant.

Personally I feel the Wrap views should not duplicate items, but it's not necessarily a glitch either.. it's technically working as intended; that is, it's wrapping the list, like the skin asked it to do.

I'm not going to waste time working around it, though I'll probably add in the Large Poster Fixed view.
+1 For Large Poster Fixed view. Smile
Added a proper commit for the new Large Poster Fixed view.

I condensed the previous Wrap view's common elements into the common include and added the differing elements. I updated the strings and the skin settings. It should be good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Less than three items not correctly displayed0