Win CORE Unable To Connect
I have KODI installed on 2 machines: 1 with W10 Pro and the other with W10 Home

I can connect to the KODI on the PRO machine but am unable to connect to the HOME machine.

When I ping the HOME machine I get replies with no errors.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks,

Eyal
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • Intel Core i5 4440 Haswell CPU
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3
  • 3x WD RED 2TB SATA3 6GB HD (RAID-Data)
  • 1x Baracuda 1TB SATA3 6GB HD (OS)
  • HX850 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified PSU
  • Silverstone LC16 HTPC Case

You need to make sure that Kore is on the same network as Kodi and you may need to add an additional media centre to Kore for your HOME machine.

In Kore >> I was able bring up the screen to add an extra media centre by not being able to connect to my first device. I apologise, I can't find anything better info to provide.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
They are all on the same network. The two PC's are connected to the same switch and the mobile device is connected via WiFi to access point which is also connected to the same switch

I tried to add a Media Center in core but when testing it fails to coneect
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Touching an already added device within Kore will bring up the ability to add a new media centre.

Easiest thing to do will be confirm the settings between the two.

I would enable DHCP within your router (if your not already doing so) to make sure nothing is going astray with IPs. Short of giving a name for the media centre, an IP address (with port [80]), username and password, there really isn't too much to Kore.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I had the same problem, and I'm not sure how I fixed it, but it might have something to do with clearing and recreating my Firewall rules.
(I'm running W10 Home Single Language on both machines btw)

Try this, from the Pro Machine's browser, try connecting to the Home machine's Webserver.
Ignore the next bit if you're an experienced user and already know how to do this.
On the browser on the Pro m/c, type in the IPTongueort of the Home m/c - e.g http://192.168.1.2:8080
If your Webserver is set up correctly, it should ask you for your Kodi's login and password (if any) and then show you the Kodi library.

If it does, there's no reason for Kore to not work.
If it doesn't, check your Webserver Settings in Kodi and your Firewall rules.

btw, a suggestion - I didn't like Kore very much. If you haven't already tried it, I'd heartily recommend Yatse.
Even the free version makes Kore look very incomplete.
Well it turned out the W10 upgrade was not installed correctly the first time.
I installed WireShark and TCPView and couldn't find anything wrong with the network traffic into the computer or with the actual packets.

Luckily W10 comes with PC Reset option which basically wipes out the C drive and re-install W10 clean. That solved the issue. Smile

Thank you all for the suggestions

Eyal
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CORE Unable To Connect0