help creating a repo
apologies if this just me being overly tired and attempting something in bed when i should be sleeping and staring at this with a fresh eyes and breain ZZZzzz but... I'm following the guide to creating a repo here http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_a_re...or_add-ons

I've done everything up until the point where you need to create the addons.xml and the hash file, I've created the file and run it but i keep getting the below error;

Quote:Excluding plugin.video.myplugin\addon.xml for 'encoding' is an invalid keyword argument for this function

i've even tried this with some other plugins that i've installed from other repos and i get the same message... am i missing something? I have a folder with my plugins in, i create the addons_xml_generator.py folder in this folder also, it creates both the required files, but obviouly because to the exclusion no content is put into them, i'll keep having a mess around, but if anyone can help id really appreciate it
the script probably need the xml encoding in those files. try adding them, i.e.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
to the files.
cheers ironic_monkey, they were already there and that's where I thought the problem was, came into work this morning and gave a quick go on this machine and it worked fine... turns out it was definetly related to me being too tired, i was using the wrong version of python <_<
I'm getting same error on mac. what version of python do I need and how should I install it?
(2015-08-04, 11:08)ironic_monkey Wrote: the script probably need the xml encoding in those files. try adding them, i.e.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
to the files.

No, it is not the case. The script from the Wiki is broken for Python 2 because in Python 2 open function does not allow to specify encoding. Here is a fixed script that I use for my custom repo: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi_repo/blo...enerate.py
It works both in Python 2 and Python 3.

P.S. I plan to update the Wiki article later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help creating a repo0