Win No Audio from files with MP3 Audio Tracks
Apologizes if this was covered elsewhere and I couldn't find it. Search wants four characters and MP3 is only three characters.

Current problem (only problem) I am facing is on two of my machines that run Kodi 15.0: Isengard. Any video file I have that contains MP3 audio track won't play correctly; no audio and slow jumpy video. I have a system still running 14: Gotham and this problem does not occur on that system or setup,

AAC: Works
Dolby Digital: Works
DTS: Works
MP3: Doesn't Work

Both the systems in question are fresh rebuilds with current drivers.
System 1:
Windows 10
Dual Core Intel
Gt730
X-FI Sdif output to Kenwood DD/DTS Tunner

System 2:
Windows 7
Dual Core AMD
GT 530
GT 530 Audio out via HDMI to an LG LED.

Thought it was something about them being fresh builds but they both ran Gotham just fine for a few days then I upgraded Kodi to current 15.
So what has changed between the two releases and how do fix this without recoding a lot of files?

Thanks
Can you try changing sound to directsound on and also passthrough
Just tested with passthrough enabled/disabled and DirectSound then WASAPI both with Output Config set to optimized and then fixed.

Still no audio from those files but the video doesn't seem as jumpy.
Can you try pressing F8 or + keys
Volume is cranked and mute works but MKV file with MP3 audio encoding still has no sounds.
Did just do a little experiment. Installed VLC and played a MKV with an MP3 audio track and VLC played it perfectly. So I am left to think it is something with how Kodi is using the codec to play MP3 audio that is out of whack.
What about a Debug Log? Then everybody can see the issue?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://xbmclogs.com/p4hvt1fh0

Line 1313 Errors start CDVDPlayerAudio and FFMPEG (1598)
Line 42440 Errors stop
Line 42487 played a MKV with MP3 audio track (no audio from track)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio from files with MP3 Audio Tracks0