BackUp Issue - "Unable to load skin, skin is missing some files" [SOLVED]
Hi there

Essentially, I want to clone my kodi onto another laptop. I've backed up my kodi using the Backup add-on. Then on the new laptop I proceed to restore the back up, all of the add-ons and repos are similar however just after the restore is complete I get an error message saying "Unable to load skin, skin is missing some files" it then doesn't load the skin I had on the old laptop (aeon nox 5 silvo). I then have to go into settings and manually set it to the aeon nox 5 silvo skin and when I do this it's as if I have never used the skin before.

(taken from google but same issue)

Just wondering if there is a way to avoid this problem to essentially save me the time changing the layout, settings and colours etc. I am currently using Kodi Isengard 15.0 and the version I am trying to restore a backup to is the same.

Thanks in advance its the first time I've had to do this so I apologise if there is a simple solution.
I believe you can just copy ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata from the old computer to the new computer (same location). You'll be overwriting the existing folder so it's a good idea to backup everything first.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Sorry. The path is ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/
Copy the entire Kodi folder to the new location, that way all your add ons and such will be copied as well.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-08-06, 02:43)wgstarks Wrote: Sorry. The path is ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/
Copy the entire Kodi folder to the new location, that way all your add ons and such will be copied as well.

I tried copying the whole userdata folder and pasting it over the userdata folder on the new computer but this had similar results.
(pasting - %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata into the search bar to access userdata folder)

I am not entierly sure of the path you are talking about if not the userdata folder.
Sorry. My fault. I need to pay more attention to what forum I'm posting in.
Assuming your using Windows, it'll be %appdata%\kodi\
Copy the entire kodi folder, not just userdata.
(2015-08-06, 15:33)wgstarks Wrote: Sorry. My fault. I need to pay more attention to what forum I'm posting in.

I'll give it a bash and see the results.
(2015-08-06, 15:33)wgstarks Wrote: Sorry. My fault. I need to pay more attention to what forum I'm posting in.

Worked a treat mate thanks for your help copied all the settings etc without any hassle. Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BackUp Issue - "Unable to load skin, skin is missing some files" [SOLVED]0