Addon development possibility question
Hi,

I'm thinking of writing a simple addon to xbmc. I have never done this before so I'd like to ask the experts if the following can be achieved by a addon:

1. Can an addon be automatically started when xbmc starts
2. Can an addon do http requests?
3. Can display pictures and play audio at the same time?

As you might have guessed, it will make xbmc behave like a digital photo frame with background audio. Smile Please help.
(2015-08-09, 04:37)[email protected] Wrote: Hi,

I'm thinking of writing a simple addon to xbmc. I have never done this before so I'd like to ask the experts if the following can be achieved by a addon:

1. Can an addon be automatically started when xbmc starts
2. Can an addon do http requests?
3. Can display pictures and play audio at the same time?

As you might have guessed, it will make xbmc behave like a digital photo frame with audio background. Smile Please help.

1. Yes, it needs to be a service addon if you want it to run all the time.

2. It can do anything python can do so 'yes'

3. Not sure.

Have you tried the slideshow screensaver?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply. I tried something very simple which is create an picture list and a music list and use xbmc.Player().play() to play either of them. But they wouldn't play at the same time.

But I've seen a plugin (last.fm) that supposedly display a slides show when music is playing in the background. So there must be a way. Anybody can shed some ligtht?
You have the source to last.FM don't you?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
3 yes

use xbmc.Player().play() to play the music
and create your own dialog window to display the images (see picture screensaver).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon development possibility question0