Buffering issue - can FPS be changed?
Hi all

I did not know where exactly to post this topic so if mods know of any please please move the thread if need be.

I must say i love kodi, just recently got everything working. Only problem is with a certain streams i keep having buffering issues.
I have done the 0 cache tip, though it did not work.

I have noticed that the stats say that this particular stream is running at 59 fps. I there anything i can do to change this?

Its definitely not a issue on my side as im running 70mbps

Any ideas or can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

No. That's like turning on your water faucet and wanting to change it from water to something else, from the faucet. Kodi is only receiving something, as it was created, and is playing that back. If you want to change the FPS of a video then you have to re-encode the entire video from the source.
(2015-08-11, 10:32)Ned Scott Wrote: No. That's like turning on your water faucet and wanting to change it from water to something else, from the faucet. Kodi is only receiving something, as it was created, and is playing that back. If you want to change the FPS of a video then you have to re-encode the entire video from the source.

Thats what i thought. Have you any advice?
Nope. If your side of the internet has a fast connection, and these videos are buffering, then the issue is on the other side of the internet connection. Unless you physically locate those servers and fly over to that city, there's really nothing you can do to make the video travel any faster.
(2015-08-11, 12:05)Ned Scott Wrote: Nope. If your side of the internet has a fast connection, and these videos are buffering, then the issue is on the other side of the internet connection. Unless you physically locate those servers and fly over to that city, there's really nothing you can do to make the video travel any faster.

Just got a email from someone in the Europe. He says that the steam works great for him. I doubt it could be a location thing
Of course, the slowdown could be happening at any point between you and this other server, which would be different for someone who lives somewhere else, as they have a different path to the server. The internet uses thousands of different connections to bridge content. That's why it's called a network.

The point still stands, no, you can't do anything on your side to make it go faster. You can't just unplug your ethernet cable and start sucking on it to make the data move faster. That's not how it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issue - can FPS be changed?0