Record TV in one location - automove a few days later?
I've recently started the transition from WMC to using Kodi w/ NextPVR. One thing I had set up previously and I'm struggling to replicate is this:

I used to record live tv onto the main system SSD and then after 7 days it would be automatically moved (with AutoMove) to an external hard drive. The idea is that anything that I don't watch after a week is 'archived' out to the external hard drive to free up space on the SSD. My thoughts were that this would extend the life of the external hard drive as it wouldn't be constantly written to with live tv.

I suppose I have two questions:

1. Is this really necessary - or would recording tv directly to the external drive with live tv not affect it much?

2. AutoMove only moves sub-folders, not files. I think there are other options, like DropIt I can use, but I can't find a way to add a second source folder in Kodi for 'archived' recorded tv on my external drive.

Maybe I'm overthinking this! Any thoughts our recommendations would be great.
NextPVR doesn't have any automove functionality. You can manually archive shows to another recording location, but it doesn't happen automatically.

You might as well just record to the external drive. You can keep your live tv buffer on the SSD drive if you want. Both directories can be configured separately in NextPVR.
There are several programs out there you can use to scan and move your recordings. I recently switched from RoboBasket to MoveOut and it works very well.

http://moveout.en.uptodown.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record TV in one location - automove a few days later?0