Backgroung Transparency
Is there a setting in this skin I can adjust to affect the amount of transparency laid over the backgrounds and fanart? Either in regular settings I missed or in the XML files I can edit. I looked around a bit but not sure what I am looking for in the files.

Edit: I did see the background color chooser which can alter it slightly but I want to change the alpha level not the color.

Edit 2: I'm an idiot. I realized the Hex editor can do what i want. Setting it to A000000 for very high transparency. Leaving this here in case it helps anyone else.
You can change the background overlay transparency by manually entering a custom background color in skin settings. Instead of FF for the first two digits, trying something like DD to lower the opacity.
Yeah, I edited it within minutes of posting this but wanted it to stay up so others could see how to do it. Thank you for this awesome skin. I had been using MQ5 forever but am very happy with the switch.
Is it possible to have seperate transparencies for different situations?

When I have a high transparency the fanart looks really good in the main menu but the text from the menu and the text when browsing (e.g. movies) are hard to read:

But when I set a low transparency the fanart when browsing looks good and the text is readable. However the fanart of the main menu isn't really good looking.

Any idea how I can fix this?
@plissk3n

You'd probably have to create a new color to use on the home window. No plans to add additional color options, there are enough already IMO.
Hey braz,
thank you for the quick answer, allthough the the answer is not what I whished for Big Grin

Right now I haven't touched the other color options. If one of them toggles the menu background I think I should be able to add another color option myself. Will have to check later when I am home.
I found the error!
I had "Show home fanart overlay" activated. This option is putting a dark tint over the home menu fanarts as seen on the Community screenshot above. I turned it off and I have colorful fanarts on the home menu and darker ones in the library. Perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backgroung Transparency0