[split] AMlogic - Rollcall - which devices work well with Official Kodi ?
15.2-RC1 is working nicely so far on my s805 device so far. Thanks guys!
I'm not sure if you guys are still following this thread but after about 20 minutes of playback the video paused by itself and the video was black. All video remained black with sound until I restarted Kodi.
Amlogic s805 and Kodi 15.2rc

Whilst streaming video or live TV, when buffering starts and finishes, the video picture freezes but sound continues in the background. Have to stop the video/live stream and restart.

Also, when pausing a video to load subtitles the screen picture freezes, sound continues in the background. The video needs to be restarted.
(2015-08-18, 07:55)Koying Wrote: Tested 15.1 on S812 and did not notice anything, either.
Strange that it would break on S805 only. Now have to dig one from my box stack Wink

I have no problem with diff Kodi versions on amlogic S802 and S812.

But I've tried 2 diff S805 boxes and on both I'm having trouble with live video streams. When pressing pause or the video pauses to load subtitles- pressing to continue video play, the picture is frozen and does not move or takes some kind of manipulation to eventually get it playing again.

Other faults I'm having with the S805:

- in Kodi 14.2, which came with my boxes, when both codecs are marked there is a noticeable tic/jump in the video play every few secs. Turning off one or the other codec has the same result.
- installed kodi 15.*.*(diff versions) and I have video freeze issues with the pause. When disabling amcodec I then have the noticeable annoying tic/jump in the video playback every few secs. I have disabled mediacodec and libstagefright, enabled amcodec and the video pays without those tics but the freeze persists.

I've gone back to using my S812 device and have junked my 2 S805 boxes which are unstable with Kodi.
My MXIII S802 works great for Kodi 15.1 and 15.2

After adjusting settings

The Video Acceleration settings I needed to use

enabled > amcodec, libstagefright

disabled > MediaCodec

This is probably no help for an S805

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] AMlogic - Rollcall - which devices work well with Official Kodi ?0