Kodi 15.1 crash when clicking "Install from zip file"
Thx for the feedback. I will add this workaround to 15.2 and hope that the data center team manages to get 10.7 on that macmini sometime so i can try to figure out a real fix.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello,

I also have the same issue on my amazon fire stick.Running Kodi 15.1. The amazon firestick does not have a physical usb mount but the storage where i put the zip files are detected as a virtual usb drive. Is this related you think?
No you don't have the same issue because the issue we are discussing here is only applicable to OSX. You might have a crash at the very same spot but its definitly a different one. Please repost your issue in the android forum.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thank you for your perseverance in addressing this 10.7.x issue. it is the latest version of OSX that I can install on my mid-2007 Mac Mini. I will run this version of 15.0 until 15.2 is released.
(2015-09-04, 03:50)siliken Wrote: Thank you for your perseverance in addressing this 10.7.x issue. it is the latest version of OSX that I can install on my mid-2007 Mac Mini. I will run this version of 15.0 until 15.2 is released.

AKAIK this patch is already included in 15.2RC, so you might want to run it instead...
Same issue on Linux, Opensuse 13.2, Kodi 15.1

As soon as i want to install a zip add-on, it crashes. No detailed log produced, even in debug mode.

Shall i try Kodi 15.2 ?
(2015-10-07, 22:28)biboobox Wrote: Same issue on Linux, Opensuse 13.2, Kodi 15.1

As soon as i want to install a zip add-on, it crashes. No detailed log produced, even in debug mode.

Shall i try Kodi 15.2 ?

It's likely a different issue in your case, since you are using a different OS, but trying the v15.2 test build wouldn't hurt. If it still happens then I would start a new thread in the linux sub-forum about your crash, so that it attracts the right developers and such.
Same issue here with Kodi 15 and Kodi 16 alpha 3. It aleays crashes on OSX 10.7 when trying to browse (for zip or for backup-file). Is there any workaround or would updating OSX solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
which version are you using? i fixed that crash for osx 10.7 users already (15.1 should be good iirc)
Problem occurs with Kodi 15.2 and 16 alpha 3. Is there a possibioity that it could be fixed in a nightly build of kodi 16?
post the crashreport and debug log (wiki) to pastebin.com and put the link in here
Hi, same problem here (Kodi 15.2 on Raspbian). Kodi crashes when trying to open the Browse dialog. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, my debug log (http://pastebin.com/Xn79dRar) does not contain anything useful. I clicked Videos -> Files -> Add Source -> Browse. The same thing happens when I try to install a plugin after clicking "Install from zip file".

I did not have this problem when running Kodi 15.2 on the same RPI2 with OpenElec 6.0.0.

Is there any version known to work?

Please let me know if there is something I can do to help you figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!
It appears that I am having the same or similar problem with the crashing when clicking install from zipfile. I am using OS 10.7.5 lion and Kodi 16.0 can you assist please? Thanks in advance.
(2016-01-31, 19:27)rsrs Wrote: Hi, same problem here (Kodi 15.2 on Raspbian). Kodi crashes when trying to open the Browse dialog. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, my debug log (http://pastebin.com/Xn79dRar) does not contain anything useful. I clicked Videos -> Files -> Add Source -> Browse. The same thing happens when I try to install a plugin after clicking "Install from zip file".

I did not have this problem when running Kodi 15.2 on the same RPI2 with OpenElec 6.0.0.

Is there any version known to work?

Please let me know if there is something I can do to help you figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!

I also have it running on a RPI with OpenElec and I have the same issue when installing a repository. You have had any luck?
(2016-02-21, 20:06)zonkee Wrote: You have had any luck?

If you are looking for a workaround that allows you to install repositories, scp the repository zip file to the RPi a use ssh to simply unzip it into the Kodi's addon directory (e.g. /root/.kodi/addons).

It is the Browse dialog crashing Kodi. Most actions, such as adding NFS/Samba sources, can be done without using the dialog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.1 crash when clicking "Install from zip file"0