Req AppleTV4 runs iOS9
Just today I've read this news article on 9to5mac, by Mark Gurman. Its states that the new AppleTV will run iOS9. Since Kodi support for the AppleTV has been dropped because code was to much of a hassle to maintain, Kodi (or XBMC) is dead for Apple users. Which is a fair and understandable choice. But having iOS9 and a new AppleTV comming up, might be interesting creating a (new) iOS9 Kodi app for AppleTV and iOS9. Let me explain how. There are 2 scenario's:

Scenario 1 - Side load
Xcode7 supports side loading on iOS9 devices
The Kodi iOS9 code can be compiled on an iOS9 device. I know the screenshot says iPads, iPhones and iPods but this doesn't mean this won't be possible for the AppleTV. This way the App Store can be bypassed and the application installed on the AppleTV. No jailbreak needed. It not sure the AppleTV has side load support. It might. The GBA4IOS app can successfully be compiled and run on an iOS9 device.

Scenario 2 - Just release as an App
In previous versions of the AppleTV there was no App Store for this specific version of iOS. Therefor a jailbreak was needed which Apple kinda "fixed" in the AppleTV3 and iOS7. But with iOS9 the AppleTV might receive a dedicated App Store which will allow services to stream from resources. Which is exactly what Kodi does. We are not sure ofcource if apps like Kodi will be allowed in this App Store because Apple cannot control the contents. But maybe they will allow it.
Alot of maybes woulds and coulds in here. I think we rely on a jailbreak (doesn't matter if there will be an app store or not) for the same reasons we do for all other ios devices. The only thing that we would benifit is when official app support for the AppleTV was added to xcode. If this happens and a jailbreak is available we will reconsider the support for AppleTV. But don't get to excited about it to early.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I searched the forums for this, could not find anything about it and just wanted to share my 2-cents. I have been checking the progress on the AppleTV, iOS9 and side loading for a while but I was not able to find out if the new AppleTV is excluded from the side load option. I hope one of both scenario's will work out.
The first scenario is a no go - we have not enough ressources to support users compiling their own kodi.
The second scenario is also unlikely to happen (for the same reasons there is no kodi in the appstore atm).

Only the third scenario might happen (jailbroken AppleTV + Xcode ATV App Support).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Nothing but rumors. Most Apple TV-based rumors don't pan out. It would be neat if they did, but more often than not, they're just rumors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV4 runs iOS90