Solved Music Library: Filtering Albums and Artists by Path in Playlists and Nodes
I would like to be able to filter artists and albums by the location of the related song files as this would provide a convenient and flexible way to split larger music collections.

Like others I am sure, even if music library is not Kodi's main use, I am struggling with a large and diverse music collection, that I would like to keep in one database but need to divide into accessible chunks. Keeping separate music libraries via profiles is not ideal - unable to switch using a (JSON based) remote or web based UI, unable to search across the whole. Editing music file tags i.e. genre to categorise files also hits limits - ends up large flat categorisation rather than hierachical, and it is a tedious and time consuming task. In my case I like both classical and popular music but like to separate them, but also want to have "sub genres" such as opera, ballet, baroque, concerto etc., the genre view soon becomes unuseable.

Whilst it is currently possible to filter songs, in both smart playlists and custom nodes, by path string, this field is not available for albums and artists. Obviously it only has meaning if the music files are located hierachically, and there is nothing to say that all the files from an album have a common folder let alone artist have one. But many of us do organise our files in meaningful folders, and it would be great to be able to use that information from within Kodi.

This has been asked for years ago the creating "album" playlists based on path thread, but came to nothing. Now we have custom nodes filtering by path is an even more powerful tool for user to personalise access to their music library. Anyone else interested in this?
Just came across my own request. Smart playlists can in Krypton have path rules for artist, albums as well as songs, that is you can find artists or albums that have songs which satisy the path rule.

Add this to the done list @zag if you like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library: Filtering Albums and Artists by Path in Playlists and Nodes0