Win Can Kodi easy to use as Windows media center
Exclamation 

Hello, I am a Kodi's new user, could anyone please tell me what is the easiest way to watch local television with a TV tuner and antenna.

Because Windows 10 do not provide "media center". Although it is very easy to use, it does not require a lot of settings, just scan channels then watch. does Kodi has this kind of version for basically use? a large number of users will need it after they upgrade to Windows 10.

My hardware and software are:

PC: HP touch smart (built-in TV card)

Help !!!
Kodi has pvr clients, you will still need a pvr backend to watch LiveTV. Since your tuner is installed on a Windows 10 computer, you will not be able to use ServerWMC. I have used NextPVR and MediaPortal on Windows, but I am not sure if they work with Windows 10. Look in those PVR threads for the answer.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
(2015-08-20, 16:04)w84no1 Wrote: I have used NextPVR and MediaPortal on Windows, but I am not sure if they work with Windows 10. Look in those PVR threads for the answer.
NextPVR works well on Windows 10.
Well the Easiest way "to watch local television with a TV tuner and antenna" is actually though the HD homerun. You don't even need an addon, All though there is an official addon for it that can be loaded that works very well. But if the REAL question you are asking is regarding PVR and time shift capabilities such as rewind, FF, record and such, I hear NextPVR works very well.
Recently a program called Sagetv became Opensource, I am hoping that will become the next dvr software to replace WMC and infact I have high hopes for it in general. Personally I will not be upgrading my server from 7 to 10 until that happens or something better comes along. Honestly while 10 is good and all in many ways I actually still like 7 better anyways so it is no real problem to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi easy to use as Windows media center0