Anyone using Windows 10 as a htpc?
I moved from linux to Windows 8.1 for my htpc. Mainly running Kodi. I switched to Windows for better support of my webcam with Skype. I wanted to pause kodi when recieving skype calls, and answer full screen. It never really worked as I hoped.

I figured I would switch back to ubuntu, since it was easier for me to manage. But I might give Windows 10 a try first, Anyone using it yet as a HTPC? Thoughts?
My friend is using it as the OS for his HTPC and doesn't have an issue. At the end of the day it is just an OS.

It depends what functionality you want from your HTPC.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I use it on a test PC using Jarvis Alpha 1 and have had no issues WRT Kodi. it does have it's own problems but not affecting how Kodi work.
I am using Windows 10 and it gave me issues with the Display Driver for AMD. It did not Support my APU, resulting in no HW acceleration on Video Playback (broken playback). Right now I am waiting for an update from AMD... Whish me luck ;-)
I have a buddy who'se HTPC had no sound after an update unrelated to sound. It was acting as if there were no sound device installed at all. Uninstalled that particular driver and all came back again. I, myself, lost my start button. No way t use it as it was intended. The only way I could use it was to install "Classic Shell" as a replacement.

Those are not Kodi issues, they are Windows 10 issues. My take on this, don't upgrade yet. Windows 10 is just too buggy right now. Maybe after the 1st service pack release but for now, it is too much hit and miss.
ive been using windows 10 on a nuc for months through public preview besides driver issues which is resolved now its been perfectly fine for me as soild as 8.1 was
I've issues with MPC-HC, PowerDVD reading files on USB Harddisk and have to revert back to Windows 7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone using Windows 10 as a htpc?0