Configuration and setup advise
Please forgive me as this is my first post and foray into Kodi.

I'll explain the setup that I want to achieve and hopefully I can get some advise on the best way to achieve it.

I'm setting up an unraid server to store our media libraries and important files the family require for education / company business. Unraid is running headless under the stairs with a powerline adapter.

For media playback, in the main family room, we've going to have a chromebox running openelec and Kodi. The adults bedroom will have a raspberry pi2, open elec and Kodi.

I have three children aged 14, 9 & 7. Each of them will run Kodi on either a tablet or laptop in their own rooms.

I would like the family room instance and the adult bedroom instance of Kodi be linked so that I can pause downstairs, got to bed and continue watching.

I would like each of the children to have a different account so that they are limited to only the films / files their account has access to. So for the younger two that would mean they could only watch films or tv series that we approve.

For the teenager, she will need to be able to add and remove files for her network share but again only view films etc that we allow.

I'm also interested in using sickbeard etc as dockers but have never used or played with them and or usenet groups before but am happy to try.

I'm also not afraid of some advanced configuration options, as I work in IT albeit predominately on windows based systems.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated and if I have posted in the wrong forum then I apologize.
I believe this post explains how to get to ur desired setup

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1725613
Emby may also be of interest to you, especially regarding family and multiple profiles.

Although I still use MySQL because of my specific use case, Emby can do some things better and more easily than MySQL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thanks for the swift response.

I have another question regarding the use of mysql. Is this likely to remain in the pipeline or will it get replaced by a upnp scenario in the future?
Will be replaced in the future but only when the most common mysql use cases are properly covered. I think it will stay for quiet a while.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ta muchly, I'll implement the scenario in the thread you supplied and let you know how I got on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuration and setup advise0