Win Subtitles below video not working? (FIXED)
Hello

Since the update to Kodi 15.1, my subtitles on letterboxed movies are placed at the bottom of the video, not below the video (on the black bar).
The settings looks ok and I tried to change them back and forth, but that doesn't help.

The fixed setting, even if I calibrated the subtitle bar to almost to the bottom of the screen, places the subtitles between the bottom and below video, not all to the bottom.
The bottom video setting place the subtitle correctly at the bottom.
The below video setting also place the subtitle at the bottom.

When watching a full 16:9 video, the subtitles are at the bottom of the screen like I want them when watching letterboxed videos.
It's like the bottom video and below video settings are the same.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
I think there's a fix for this in the upcoming v15.2 build. You can test it here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233293
Just tested the 15.2 rc1, but it's not fixed :-(
Subtitles are still at the bottom of the video and not below, as "asked" in the configuration.
Same issue if I choose subtitles above video, the subs are displayed on top of video.
Anyone who can confirm this error? Just to know if I can do more to fix than wait for a fix.

Thanks
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Hi, I confirm. It is still not fixed. This is really annoying.

LE: it is ok in windowed mode. I cannot test right now in true full screen.
LLE: on some movies it is still not ok, for example if subs are embedded into container, so bottom line, still not fixed.
Fixed in 15.2 rc2 :-)
Thanks
Hi,
my first post here in this forum Blush

I have the exact same issue but it doesn't seem to be completely fixed with the 15.2 Isengard release I have (dated 19 October 2015).
I want the subtitles to show below the letterbox, on the dark boxes.
However, even if I put the subtitle position settings to "below video", or change it to "fixed" and set it right to the bottom at the video calibration screen, for some video files, the subtitles still only show at the bottom of the video, but not below the video on the dark boxes. These video files do not have external subtitles, btw - though I have tried a couple video files with external subtitles that did show below video indeed.

I have the Kodi 15.2 Isengard release on a Windows 10 machine. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!
Leave it at fixed and your OSD calibration tool should be able to set the position. If the calibration tool does NOT position the subs as to your likening, it's possible the video aspect is denying the letterbox space or as you noted, the subs are hard-coded or internal subs (which can be changed with something like MKVmerge 'toolnix) I doubt Kodi is ever going to reach inside an archive or video file for changes.

Works for my Kodi 15.2
(2015-11-05, 18:34)PatK Wrote: Leave it at fixed and your OSD calibration tool should be able to set the position. If the calibration tool does NOT position the subs as to your likening, it's possible the video aspect is denying the letterbox space or as you noted, the subs are hard-coded or internal subs (which can be changed with something like MKVmerge 'toolnix) I doubt Kodi is ever going to reach inside an archive or video file for changes.

Works for my Kodi 15.2

Thanks, I will try the mkvmerge suggestion - but I really don't think the subs are hardcoded such that changing their vertical position would require manipulating the mkv file itself.

When I watch the mkv file with VLC, I can use the "force subtitle position" setting and adjust precisely where the subtitles should be shown
When I watch the same mkv file with kodi, the subtitles are always shown at the same place at the bottom of the video, regardless what I do in video calibration or what option I select in subtitle position settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles below video not working? (FIXED)0