Python not building
(2016-08-02, 01:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 01:04)madhits Wrote: When I get through the batch script I see a lot of reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch. Assuming that is ok?

Nope.

(2016-08-02, 01:04)madhits Wrote: At the end I get PATCH FAILED TO APPLY (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LIbreELEC.tv/pull/592)
Reloading profile: x86 (/home/xbmc/projects/autobuild.sh
get error (LibreELEC.tv)

Assuming I need to edit the batch script lepull.dat again to point at the downloaded projects directory? Is that all?

Nope.

Time moves on. An lepull.dat (and also ipatches.dat) that worked yesterday won't work today as both Kodi and LibreELEC have now merged patches that were not merged yesterday.

Re-download oebuild.tar.gz to get the latest lepull.dat and ipatches.dat:
Code:
cd ~/projects
wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -
echo "=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_legacy_hardware.txt" >> ./lepull.dat
and then build - it should work. For a few minutes anyway, until something else merges on Kodi or LibreELEC that causes a conflict.

Wow were talking changes within the time I started with this thread till now. I started all of this today. I will download again and try it but damn is that fast moving.

UPDATE: I think i had an issue with this command. wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -mv build.conf.sample build.conf

Is that how its supposed to be run or is there any spaces missing? Thanks

UPDATE NEVERMIND: I SEE you quoted it above with corrections.. THANKS I Will build again
(2016-08-02, 01:32)madhits Wrote: Wow were talking changes within the time I started with this thread till now. I started all of this today. I will download again and try it but damn is that fast moving.

You are building the tip of Kodi master and LibreELEC master, plus a number of (currently) unmerged Kodi/LibreELEC pull requests that may merge at any moment. At times, it's like spinning plates.

If you want a more reliable build environment then build LibreELEC master using the instructions from the wiki.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-02, 01:32)madhits Wrote: UPDATE: I think i had an issue with this command. wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -mv build.conf.sample build.conf

I don't understand why you are having problems with copying & pasting, no wonder you never got anything to work. Is your browser not wide enough for you to see those are two separate lines that you're meant to be pasting? Make your browser wider...

Code:

mv build.conf.sample build.conf

If you can't copy and paste, then maybe it's time to give up and got out into the garden.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Tongue 
(2016-08-02, 01:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 01:32)madhits Wrote: UPDATE: I think i had an issue with this command. wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -mv build.conf.sample build.conf

I don't understand why you are having problems with copying & pasting, no wonder you never got anything to work. Is your browser not wide enough for you to see those are two separate lines that you're meant to be pasting? Make your browser wider...

Code:

mv build.conf.sample build.conf

If you can't copy and paste, then maybe it's time to give up and got out into the garden.

Ohh good god.. Millhouse I got it just was trying to figure out if a previous step could account for the errors and not like things were really changing that fast. I got it.. Thanks for your patience with the noob, ill have to paypal you a beer.. Rofl I've learned a lot today.. Thanks for your scripts Ive opened them up in VI and understand a bit of whats going on..

UPDATE: Its working all blue no red this time..
When the build finishes, which might take several hours - it takes 3 hours on a 8-core 4GHz FX-8350 with 8GB RAM/24GB swap and SSD - you'll find the new tar file in the LibreELEC.tv/target/x86 directory.

Copy the tar file to the "/storage/.update" folder on your x86 device and reboot to upgrade.

If you want an img.gz file to be created at the end of your build (in addition to a tar file) use the following command to start the build:
Code:
PROFILE=x86 BUILD_MKIMAGE=yes ./autobuild.sh
You can use the .img.gz like any other LibreELEC disk image to create a clean installation, although it really shouldn't be necessary unless you need your SIL680 driver to boot the system.
(2016-08-02, 02:05)Milhouse Wrote: When the build finishes, which might take several hours - it takes 3 hours on a 8-core 4GHz FX-8350 with 8GB RAM/24GB swap and SSD - you'll find the new tar file in the LibreELEC.tv/target/x86 directory.

Copy the tar file to the "/storage/.update" folder on your x86 device and reboot to upgrade.

If you want an img.gz file to be created at the end of your build (in addition to a tar file) use the following command to start the build:
Code:
PROFILE=x86 BUILD_MKIMAGE=yes ./autobuild.sh
You can use the .img.gz like any other LibreELEC disk image to create a clean installation, although it really shouldn't be necessary unless you need your SIL680 driver to boot the system.

Thanks again. It came up with a mismatch error again which I assume was more changes. So I started it again after updating your scripts. Man this is awesome. Once I get what is actually going on perhaps Ill be able to help others. Really appreciate your help. I will update this last post with the full instructions edited for a total noob lol. Once I get this done I want to keep a record of the whole process.

I would also like to know how to build for current stable LibreElec 7.0.2 kodi 16.1. Is that a matter of just building with generic instead of master in your script or is it an entirely different script?

Update: I keep getting error while obtaining patches x30 times.. inputstream.mpd, inputstream.smoothstream.git, and inputstream.rtmp Eventually its going to work. right? oye..
Deleting the whole cloned Git of libreElec and hopefully that will address the error while obtaining patches error I keep getting..

Update 2: Damn it all same errors.. inputstream.mpd, inputstream.smoothstream.git all could not be obtained.. Says cloning into inputstream.mpd.git permission denied (publickey) I tried using git clone on these to copy them locally and it works but than I rerun the build command and it still gives the same error. What gives? I guess I'll take a break for tonight. Hope you can take a look milhouse, prob something simple that needs edit but I dont know what exactly. Scripts still references xbmc but so do a lot of parts that work fine.
Nothing needs editing, and repeatedly deleting repositories isn't helping. Though if git/github isn't working, you'll need to work out why that's not working for you - could just be a temporary github.com issue.

One thing you should do is ensure you are authenticated with github.com by adding your github username/password to ~/.git.conf:
Code:
GIT_USERNAME="your_githib.com_username"
GIT_PASSWORD="your_github.com_password"
so that when the Github API is used to retrieve patches it will avoid the 60 requests per hour rate limit. Otherwise you'll probably never be able to retrieve all of the patches before hitting the limit.
(2016-08-02, 09:24)Milhouse Wrote: Nothing needs editing, and repeatedly deleting repositories isn't helping. Though if git/github isn't working, you'll need to work out why that's not working for you - could just be a temporary github.com issue.

One thing you should do is ensure you are authenticated with github.com by adding your github username/password to ~/.git.conf:
Code:
GIT_USERNAME="your_githib.com_username"
GIT_PASSWORD="your_github.com_password"
so that when the Github API is used to retrieve patches it will avoid the 60 requests per hour rate limit. Otherwise you'll probably never be able to retrieve all of the patches before hitting the limit.

That's definitely it.. I'll create a user name.

I would also like to know how to build for current stable LibreElec 7.0.2 kodi 16.1. Is that a matter of just building with generic instead of master in your script or is it an entirely different script?
The scripts can build libreelec-7.0 (Kodi 16.x) although it's not something I've tried for a while so may require some tweaking. Work on building from master first. Once you have a working master build I'm not really sure why you would want a Kodi 16.x based build.
(2016-08-02, 18:23)Milhouse Wrote: The scripts can build libreelec-7.0 (Kodi 16.x) although it's not something I've tried for a while so may require some tweaking. Work on building from master first. Once you have a working master build I'm not really sure why you would want a Kodi 16.x based build.

Yeah as long as 17 does not have any terrible issues your right.

I am still getting git errors. Now its completely different. says error curl (22) mpeg4video-signal-unsupported-GMC-with-more-than-one.patch.

I do have a ~/git.conf with just my username and password in it. I guess I'll keep trying. What I dont understand is I tried using wget to grab this mpeg4video-signal-unsupported-GMC-with-more-than-one.patch and put it in my projects directory but it just ignores that and attempts to download it. I guess the script does not expect it will be there.

UPDATE: same as before. So odd i exchanged one problem for another. Maybe this URL raw.githubusercontent.com needs a registration or something.
(2016-08-02, 18:39)madhits Wrote: I am still getting git errors. Now its completely different. says error curl (22) mpeg4video-signal-unsupported-GMC-with-more-than-one.patch.

Upload the full build log to a pastebin site as I can't work out the problem from the limited information you are providing - I need some context. Github have some badly configured servers which may be part of the problem - the script should keep retrying several times until it succeeds or aborts. For all I know it's working and you're not interpreting the message correctly.

The build log will be called "log.job1" in the ~/projects folder.
(2016-08-02, 23:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 18:39)madhits Wrote: I am still getting git errors. Now its completely different. says error curl (22) mpeg4video-signal-unsupported-GMC-with-more-than-one.patch.

Upload the full build log to a pastebin site as I can't work out the problem from the limited information you are providing - I need some context. Github have some badly configured servers which may be part of the problem - the script should keep retrying several times until it succeeds or aborts. For all I know it's working and you're not interpreting the message correctly.

The build log will be called "log.job1" in the ~/projects folder.

Ok Will do.. THX

Update here it is, log was the only 1 I found not log.job1:
Quote:Starting autobuild []: Tue Aug 2 16:37:00 MDT 2016
^[[33mPulling updates for repo: [LibreELEC.tv ] (package.mk sync: No, refresh: Yes), [branch=master, rev=HEAD]^[(B^[[m
CONFIG
======
Current branch : master
Required branch : master
Using filter : master

Difference
==========

Restoring: packages/devel/libcec/patches/libcec-PR208.patch
Restoring: packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/kodi-999.99-PR10164-add-aetempo-filter.patch
Restoring: packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/kodi-999.99-PR10206-recursive-remove.patch
Restoring: packages/sysutils/busybox/scripts/init
Restoring: packages/virtual/mediacenter/package.mk
Restoring: projects/Generic/options
Restoring: scripts/build

Already up-to-date.
Removing : packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/kodi-999.99-PR10206-recursive-remove.patch
Removing : packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/kodi-999.99-PR10164-add-aetempo-filter.patch
Removing : packages/devel/libcec/patches/libcec-PR208.patch
^[[36mDownloading unmerged pull request: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t.../535.patch... ^[(B^[[m[OK]
Applying patch: ^[[36mhttps://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/535 (init: Add upgrade check to avoid incompatible upgrades [RFC,WIP])...^[(B^[[m
patching file packages/sysutils/busybox/scripts/init
^[[36mUsing cached patch: http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...addons.txt^[(B^[[m
Applying patch: ^[[36mhttp://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_add_kodi_addons.txt (Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, other))...^[(B^[[m
patching file packages/virtual/mediacenter/package.mk
^[[36mUsing cached patch: http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...addons.txt^[(B^[[m
Applying patch: ^[[36mhttp://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_disable_adsp_addons.txt (Don't build ADSP addons)...^[(B^[[m
patching file packages/virtual/mediacenter/package.mk
^[[36mUsing cached patch: http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...ersion.txt^[(B^[[m
Applying patch: ^[[36mhttp://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/01_bump_addon_version.txt (Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates)...^[(B^[[m
patching file scripts/build
^[[36mDownloading commit: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/popcor...-one.patch... ^[(B^[[m^[[36mReloading profile: x86^[(B^[[m [16:37:06] (/home/xbmc/projects/autobuild.sh)

This is the error. Not sure why log does not show it.
Quote:patching file scripts/build
Downloading commit: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/popcor...-one.patch...
ERROR curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found (url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/popcor...-one.patch)
Reloading profile: x86 [16:56:52] (/home/xbmc/projects/autobuild.sh)
git error (LibreELEC.tv)

Update: Ive checked my internet connection no probs there, I re-downloaded nearly everything, still the same issue. I'm at a total loss. It seems like the git login solved 1 problem but now this one came up after that. I waited about 10hrs and still get this error after re-downloading all scripts.

Update 2: I found only this but no solution so far. Error 22 means the server does not support clone.bundles.
This is not an error. Not all servers support it. The message from repo is only informational.

So what to do?

Update 3: I dont believe it but I had the ~/.git.conf configured wrong.. OYE.. Noobie error!

UPDATE 4: Still getting input stream errors.. No solution so far. wget of these git directories works but script ignores downloaded version.

Quote:getting sources...
Cloning into 'inputstream.mpd.git'...
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '192.30.253.113' to the list of known hosts.
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
./tools/mkpkg_inputstream.mpd: line 36: cd: inputstream.mpd.git: No such file or directory
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
copying sources...
cp: cannot stat 'inputstream.mpd.git': No such file or directory
cleaning sources...
packing sources...
find: ‘inputstream.mpd-b657bf3’: No such file or directory
tar: inputstream.mpd-b657bf3: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
0 0:00:00 [ 0 /s] [<=> ]
remove temporary sourcedir...
Updating package: /home/xbmc/projects/LibreELEC.tv/sources/inputstream.mpd/inputstream.mpd-b657bf3.tar.gz
md5sum: inputstream.mpd-b657bf3.tar.gz: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat 'inputstream.mpd-b657bf3.tar.gz': No such file or directory
Error, while transferring package [inputstream.mpd]
WARNING: Repo [inputstream.mpd] - cannot locate GIT_PATH (/home/xbmc/projects/packages/inputstream.mpd) for this repo. Repo ignored.
Making new source tarball with ./tools/mkpkg_inputstream.smoothstream
getting sources...
Cloning into 'inputstream.smoothstream.git'...

./tools/mkpkg_inputstream.smoothstream: line 35: cd: inputstream.smoothstream.git: No such file or directory
copying sources...
cp: cannot stat 'inputstream.smoothstream.git': No such file or directory
cleaning sources...
packing sources...
find: ‘inputstream.smoothstream-99e7771’: No such file or directory
tar: inputstream.smoothstream-99e7771: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
Updating package: /home/xbmc/projects/LibreELEC.tv/sources/inputstream.smoothstream/inputstream.smoothstream-99e7771.tar.gz
md5sum: inputstream.smoothstream-99e7771.tar.gz: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat 'inputstream.smoothstream-99e7771.tar.gz': No such file or directory
Error, while transferring package [inputstream.smoothstream]
WARNING: Repo [inputstream.smoothstream] - cannot locate GIT_PATH (/home/xbmc/projects/packages/inputstream.smoothstream) for this repo. Repo ignored.
Making new source tarball with ./tools/mkpkg_inputstream.rtmp
getting sources...
Cloning into 'inputstream.rtmp.git'...

./tools/mkpkg_inputstream.rtmp: line 35: cd: inputstream.rtmp.git: No such file or directory
copying sources...
cp: cannot stat 'inputstream.rtmp.git': No such file or directory
cleaning sources...
packing sources...
find: ‘inputstream.rtmp-7bf2298’: No such file or directory
tar: inputstream.rtmp-7bf2298: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
Updating package: /home/xbmc/projects/LibreELEC.tv/sources/inputstream.rtmp/inputstream.rtmp-7bf2298.tar.gz
md5sum: inputstream.rtmp-7bf2298.tar.gz: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat 'inputstream.rtmp-7bf2298.tar.gz': No such file or directory
Error, while transferring package [inputstream.rtmp]
WARNING: Repo [inputstream.rtmp] - cannot locate GIT_PATH (/home/xbmc/projects/packages/inputstream.rtmp) for this repo. Repo ignored.
These errors are related to SSH. I am sshing into my ubuntu minimal install from a mac on my local network. So I generated a SSH key for my mac. Is that right?

Or do I have generate one for my ubunti minimal machine and forget the mac? I am just using ssh cuz this is the machine I am planing to eventually run the custom install of LibreELEC on. This is so damn confusing. Is there such a thing as double sshing. IE I ssh into my ubuntu machine and then also ssh into github. Wow does that do my head in...

I'm going to take a break and hope someone can chime in here.
1) Please use pastebin.com or similar when posting logs and/or crap loads of data

2) When you edit an old post with "Updates 1, 2 3 etc." I'm not notified of your update

3) Your "Permission denied (publickey)" key problems mean you need to generate a public/private key pair and add the public key to your github account. Run the following:
Code:
ssh-keygen -t ecdsa
and press return to the three prompts.

You might also want to configure git with your github username:
Code:
git config --global user.name="yourgithubusername"

Log into your github account, click on your Profile image, click on "Settings", click on "SSH and GPG keys" then add the contents of "~/.ssh/id_ecdsa.pub" as a new SSH key.

Now run "~/projects/packages/make-inputstream.mpd.sh" to confirm it is working.

Finally, assuming you can clone inputstream.mpd, update the scripts and config again as a lot has changed in the last couple of days:
Code:
cd ~/projects
echo "=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_legacy_hardware.txt" >> ./lepull.dat
(2016-08-04, 00:44)Milhouse Wrote: 1) Please use pastebin.com or similar when posting logs and/or crap loads of data

2) When you edit an old post with "Updates 1, 2 3 etc." I'm not notified of your update

3) Your "Permission denied (publickey)" key problems mean you need to generate a public/private key pair and add the public key to your github account. Run the following:
Code:
ssh-keygen -t ecdsa
and press return to the three prompts.

You might also want to configure git with your github username:
Code:
git config --global user.name="yourgithubusername"

Log into your github account, click on your Profile image, click on "Settings", click on "SSH and GPG keys" then add the contents of "~/.ssh/id_ecdsa.pub" as a new SSH key.

Now run "~/projects/packages/make-inputstream.mpd.sh" to confirm it is working.

Finally, assuming you can clone inputstream.mpd, update the scripts and config again as a lot has changed in the last couple of days:
Code:
cd ~/projects

Millhouse sorry for not posting correctly, I have no good excuse for that. I will fix on new posts.

I stumbled upon the solution of adding the SSH key. I was just confused because after I did it, nothing changed. I think I know why though. I am using sudo to run the script in my projects directory. Now from what I read you cant do that because it messes with the ssh key generated. However when I run PROFILE=x86 ./autobuild.sh I get buildrepo.lock: permission denied then flock 99 bad file descriptor over and over again. So sudo solved that. The only other way is to us SU but then its the same buildrepo.lock: permission denied error.

So how do I run the script without sudo?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python not building0