Remote C Button
On my CS 918ii Android box I have SPMC V15.0 and today's latest Kodi V16 nightly build.

On the former when I press the C button on my remote the context menu comes up as normal.

On the latter when I do the same the side bar appears and not the menu.

Regrettably I cannot be sure when this started as I thought it was a problem with the remote but it has been for at least two to three days, which may be relevant as I religiously update the v16 nightly every day.

It therefore seems to be something caused by the later builds of v16 and I hope this information helps.
if you long press the button the context menu should appear because we changed our default keymap to support the new menu action on short presses.
Action menu is on short press? That's backwards and shouldn't have happened. Default (short press) behavior should still be the context menu.
(2015-08-30, 21:47)Ned Scott Wrote: Action menu is on short press? That's backwards and shouldn't have happened. Default (short press) behavior should still be the context menu.

huh, it is flipped: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...rd.xml#L71

IMO, this should be the other way around. Context menu ("contextmenu") should still be "c" (or button "menu"). It's the more common action. Action menu (aka "menu") should be longpress.
My apologies to both of you. I have had a senior moment.

It is actually when I press the MENU button on my remote with v16 that the side bar appears. Long pressing it makes no difference. Pressing the MENU button with SPMC v15.0 correctly brings up the context menu.

Pressing the C button on the air mouse brings up the context menu in both versions as expected.

To confirm, this phenomenon has only appeared in the last couple of days or so.

Sorry for the confusion and the incorrectly worded thread title.
(2015-08-30, 21:57)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 21:47)Ned Scott Wrote: Action menu is on short press? That's backwards and shouldn't have happened. Default (short press) behavior should still be the context menu.

huh, it is flipped: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...rd.xml#L71

IMO, this should be the other way around. Context menu ("contextmenu") should still be "c" (or button "menu"). It's the more common action. Action menu (aka "menu") should be longpress.
I'm hoping this gets straightened out before being placed in a new version of Kodi. This could really lead to confusion among users going forward. Will we be able to change the keymap for the Context menu key to work as it should if this does become the new norm?
Just to clarify, you guys are pressing "menu" and not actually "c"?
I think I did this correctly: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7936/
(2015-08-31, 18:21)Ned Scott Wrote: Just to clarify, you guys are pressing "menu" and not actually "c"?

The remote which came with the box only has a MENU button and no letters. It is on pressing this that in SPMC v15.0 it performs normally and in v16 it opens the side bar menu unexpectedly.

My air mouse, which has letters and no MENU button, on pressing button C works as expected in both the above versions in that it opens the menu, such as on an add-on, go to settings, go to information, save to favourites etc.

Hope that clarifies my own observations.
Great, that's what I assumed was happening :)
I am pleased to say this has now been resolved.

Many thanks.

In addition I meant to say that a long press on the OK button also brings up the context menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote C Button0