• 55(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
(2016-06-06, 16:26)ukmark62 Wrote: Does anybody know how to remove "Play Trailer" option when you click OK on a movie to resume it?? Which xml file controls this?

I never use trailers and find I sometimes inadvertently choose this instead of resume.

Many thanks.

I managed to find the xml files by downloading a free utility called Notepad++ which allows me to search inside a directory of xml files. I searched for the word "Trailer" in the "1080i" directory and modified the files it found - I removed the lines from "<control>" to "</control>" for the sections containing "Trailer".

I've rebooted and so far everything looks fine.

TIA.
love the skin , thank you,
can you please add hebrew keyboard support ?
when i switch to hebrew from english it stay english ...
(2016-05-03, 14:23)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 03:04)braz Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 01:09)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi braz,

Time ago you helped me about the visualization issue I quoted above (modification was on github).

I have now installed the latest version of Mimic for Jarvis (version 3.4.1), and what I see with this version is just the opposite wrt your previous modification: fanarts are now showed for both combinations as in the first screenshot. At least for me this seems to be quite redundant giving no added value to the widget. Would it be possible revert back to the thumbnails (episodes snapshot)? I saw these are showed in case I choose "square" in the widget option, but the thumbnails in fact are cut and squared (this is good instead for the music album covers).

If not possible, can you please clearly point where I can implement the modification?

Thanks and thanks!
Sounds like you're saying you get fanart instead of episode thumbs now, even when using the square widget art option? I can't replicate that here, episode thumbs are showing with square and landscape widgets, with the tv show poster when poster is selected. Are you sure your widget contains episodes?

Thanks braz for your reply!

In order to avoid any doubt, I made a fresh install on another pc of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and Mimic 3.4.1 downloaded from the repository. Hereafter I post the screenshot of what is showed in case of Panel view (same applies for the Shift one) and selecting Poster, Square and Landscape options inside the widget (that is the "Recently added episodes" one):

So, thumbs are only visible in the Square option, but are (by definition) not looking nice. For the Landscape option, the fanarts are displayed (I rememebr you fixed that in the past...therefore...I'm confused! Wink). Am I supposed to download some updates from github?

Please tell me if you need further details.

how you reduced the episodes number of the widget there and the episode view to snap from the episodes ? thanks
(2016-06-08, 09:38)scofield27 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 14:23)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 03:04)braz Wrote: Sounds like you're saying you get fanart instead of episode thumbs now, even when using the square widget art option? I can't replicate that here, episode thumbs are showing with square and landscape widgets, with the tv show poster when poster is selected. Are you sure your widget contains episodes?

Thanks braz for your reply!

In order to avoid any doubt, I made a fresh install on another pc of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and Mimic 3.4.1 downloaded from the repository. Hereafter I post the screenshot of what is showed in case of Panel view (same applies for the Shift one) and selecting Poster, Square and Landscape options inside the widget (that is the "Recently added episodes" one):

So, thumbs are only visible in the Square option, but are (by definition) not looking nice. For the Landscape option, the fanarts are displayed (I rememebr you fixed that in the past...therefore...I'm confused! Wink). Am I supposed to download some updates from github?

Please tell me if you need further details.

how you reduced the episodes number of the widget there and the episode view to snap from the episodes ? thanks
Not sure what up are asking, but you can set the widget art type in the menu customizer. Poster, square, landscape...

Sent from my Nexus 6
Been using mimic until now and loving it. Not sure if it's possible.

Is there a way to add shortcut or favorite for "check for update"? Example, if I go Setting--Addons--then left click on remote for fireTv stick, I see "check for update".. Can I do a shortcut and added to Skin Setting option? I hope u understand my question.

Thanks,
(2016-06-20, 21:00)cat2115 Wrote: Been using mimic until now and loving it. Not sure if it's possible.

Is there a way to add shortcut or favorite for "check for update"? Example, if I go Setting--Addons--then left click on remote for fireTv stick, I see "check for update".. Can I do a shortcut and added to Skin Setting option? I hope u understand my question.

Thanks,
No idea if there is a way to create a shortcut to the update button for a particular addon. Kind of doubt it though, you may just have to open the addon browser.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-06-20, 21:24)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 21:00)cat2115 Wrote: Been using mimic until now and loving it. Not sure if it's possible.

Thanks,
No idea if there is a way to create a shortcut to the update button for a particular addon. Kind of doubt it though, you may just have to open the addon browser.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I would thought you can do it like the "skin reload" Smile
(2016-06-23, 14:59)cat2115 Wrote: I would thought you can do it like the "skin reload" Smile
Ah, after re-reading I see you just want a button that will check for all addon updates, not just for a particular addon. In that case, you can add a submenu item with the following custom action:

Code:
UpdateLocalAddons

No plans to add this to the shutdown menu with reloadskin(), but it can easily be added to your main/sub menu.
Hi braz first of all thanks for the amazing skin!

My question is similar as the one posted by "axlt2002": thumb widget not showing properly on Youtube.

If set Widiget aspect ratio to poster or square I get thumbnail showing but wit wrong AR. If I set it to land scape the AR is correct but it shows channel fanart insted video thumb. Is it intended to be that way?
(2016-06-24, 07:48)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-23, 14:59)cat2115 Wrote: I would thought you can do it like the "skin reload" Smile
Ah, after re-reading I see you just want a button that will check for all addon updates, not just for a particular addon. In that case, you can add a submenu item with the following custom action:

Code:
UpdateLocalAddons

No plans to add this to the shutdown menu with reloadskin(), but it can easily be added to your main/sub menu.

Sorry I do not understand what you mean in Red above. Right now I have reloadskin() in the sub menu. Thank you for the Update code.
Hey everyone, i have created a build using this skin and i can't for the life of me get the background pictures to work when my build is downloaded on another device.
several of my aeon nox builds have backgrounds that work fine, just had to convert paths to special in the aeon nox settings.xml. is there a different process for mimic?

I have converted all paths to special in the settings.xml file in the kodi\addon_data\skin.mimic folder. I also deleted textures13.db, and erased thumbnails as well.

when i download the build on my android box the background is just black. when i looked at the settings.xml file on my box, for some reason it changed itself back. it still had the lines that i converted to special... but it also had new lines which had the original C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\kodi etc etc... why did it change back by itself?

am i missing something? is there another file i need to edit in order to make these backgrounds stick?
Is this how I do it?

I did that but when I click on it, I don't see status bar running on up right corner of the screen as like I did the manual way for "Check for Update". Or I need this code UpdateLocalAddons()
(2016-06-29, 12:04)greenbackz Wrote: Hey everyone, i have created a build using this skin and i can't for the life of me get the background pictures to work when my build is downloaded on another device.
several of my aeon nox builds have backgrounds that work fine, just had to convert paths to special in the aeon nox settings.xml. is there a different process for mimic?

I have converted all paths to special in the settings.xml file in the kodi\addon_data\skin.mimic folder. I also deleted textures13.db, and erased thumbnails as well.

when i download the build on my android box the background is just black. when i looked at the settings.xml file on my box, for some reason it changed itself back. it still had the lines that i converted to special... but it also had new lines which had the original C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\kodi etc etc... why did it change back by itself?

am i missing something? is there another file i need to edit in order to make these backgrounds stick?

I get this too and i have found some bad links in the /script.skinshorcuts folder that i cant find how to change.
(2016-06-29, 18:24)mikpj Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 12:04)greenbackz Wrote: Hey everyone, i have created a build using this skin and i can't for the life of me get the background pictures to work when my build is downloaded on another device.

I get this too and i have found some bad links in the /script.skinshorcuts folder that i cant find how to change.
Can't say for sure what the issue is, and I don't support the development of builds. But background sources have to be added via the file manager to be available to skinshortcuts. You should not be putting any user content in the skin folder and accessing it with the special protocol as it will just get overwritten when the skin updates.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-06-29, 21:22)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 18:24)mikpj Wrote:

Can't say for sure what the issue is, and I don't support the development of builds. But background sources have to be added via the file manager to be available to skinshortcuts. You should not be putting any user content in the skin folder and accessing it with the special protocol as it will just get overwritten when the skin updates.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ah ok. I did add them via file manager. And this is just a personal build for my household box and a few friends/family, I am not a reseller or anything.

I will try putting the backgrounds in a folder outside of the skin folder and see how it goes. If not, no big deal.. The skin actually looks fine with the default backgrounds. Nice n clean
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3