Android Bit perfect audio from FLAC?
In Kodi for Android, would the following settings give me bit-perfect playback for FLAC files over an optical cable? Specifically, I have a lot of 24-bit audio with sampling rates up to 96 Khz.

Output configuration: Optimized
Limit sampling rate: 96 Khz
Resample quality: High
Enable Passthrough: Yes

Thanks for your help! If it helps, the android version I'd be running Kodi on is 4.4.2
I would like to know this as well. According to my DAC any combination of settings, including the one mentioned by the OP, will cause a FLAC file to be sent as a 16bit@48KHz stream from the TV. If this is unavoidable is there any format we can convert the FLAC files to which would by pass the audio processing and simply dump the raw data directly to S/PDIF by triggering the passthrough clause in KODI. Thank you in advance for any constructive feedback
I'm not even convinced that "Lossless" really is Lossless in Kodi. If I put DTS-CD Music files into an ALAC or FLAC container, my receiver will just get "white noise" and not play them in DTS. This is a pretty good indicator that Kodi is not playing back the files losslessly. On my Generation 1 AppleTV, I could put DTS CD Music files into an ALAC container and they would play back perfectly without AppleTV having any idea that it was playing DTS. The same AppleTV running XBMC or Kodi will not pass the DTS signal in ALAC or FLAC, but it will pass it if it's in WAV format.

But in any case, I don't think Fire TV can do any sample rate other than 48kHz. If I use DTS WAV files, I get pitch-increased playback from my receiver indicating it's at 48kHz (its own on-screen display confirms 48kHz output). I see there's an experimental thread here for DTS-HD MA and the like so maybe someone has found a way around the problem or maybe only on Marshmallow based Android and/or customized firmware like NVidia Shield. Whether that will enable 44.1kHz output in the future, I don't know.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bit perfect audio from FLAC?0