change android ID?
Something I've been kicking around for a while... I'd like to run nightly builds in android - in windows I can just use a portable install so I can test / see what's changed without affecting my main install. Ditto openelec - although it's marginally more involved.
If there was a version of the stable build available with a different ID to download then I could have my cake and eat it.
And, hopefully, more people would test nightly builds in android. Maybe.
Being able to run stable and nightly back-to-back seems like a good thing to me.

Stupid idea?
I don't think there's an easy way to toggle this once it is compiled. Maybe for our testers we can make a stable build that is a different ID, then they can use normal nightlies and monthlies for testing. A once-off build for those who aren't able to compile. Maybe, just as an idea to throw out there.
(2015-08-31, 17:01)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't think there's an easy way to toggle this once it is compiled. Maybe for our testers we can make a stable build that is a different ID, then they can use normal nightlies and monthlies for testing. A once-off build for those who aren't able to compile. Maybe, just as an idea to throw out there.
That's exactly what I had in mind.
I don't know how involved it would be though, the last build I compiled was for the xbox!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change android ID?0