Set label or title to .strm file
Hi there,

It's really nice for Kodi to support stream through .strm files but it always display "stream" as the title / label. Is there a way to change that? The name of the file doesn't seem to have any impact. I couldn't use a NFO file either.

(also, the JSON RPC API consider them as "type": "unknown", would be cool to have a way to change that)
(2015-08-31, 18:12)pdi42 Wrote: Hi there,

It's really nice for Kodi to support stream through .strm files but it always display "stream" as the title / label. Is there a way to change that? The name of the file doesn't seem to have any impact. I couldn't use a NFO file either.

(also, the JSON RPC API consider them as "type": "unknown", would be cool to have a way to change that)

Json returns Kodi database info, scrape the strms into kodis library. Then you will see json results
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Not sure what you mean by "scrape into the library" but I did load the file into Kodi library and even queue it to a playlist through the UI. It appears in my JSON results, it's just that the infos aren't quite user friendly (no title, no artist, no ID, ...). I also tried to load it using the JSON API but you can only specify a file path so it doesn't really help.
If you don't understand the basics of Kodi library building, how are you going to understand info labels?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_Content_(Video_Library)
The library with strm files is a big hack, imho I don't think it is a good idea to suggest it to users. It also assumes the item is supposed to be scrapable (movie,tvshow,etc)...
An addon with a few lines can do the exact same thing without messing with the Kodi library
(2015-09-01, 22:13)enen92 Wrote: The library with strm files is a big hack, imho I don't think it is a good idea to suggest it to users. It also assumes the item is supposed to be scrapable (movie,tvshow,etc)...
An addon with a few lines can do the exact same thing without messing with the Kodi library

Not necessarily, for the most part kodi treats .strms as regular media files... its far easier to scrape nfo's (for custom strms, nfo's not needed for movie/tvshow strms)
then it is create a plugin to what? scrap metadata via strm file name? then create infolabels for listitems? Kodis library can do it for you... easier IMO

This is a very old guide, but it explains how to scrape strms into Kodis library...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160904
You know what? you're right. As kodi usually imports all my media without any issues I keep forgetting about nfo files.
Well, it looks you reached the 100.
Thanks for the links Lunatixz, but it looks like it only target video streams. What about music ones? For example, a .strm with an url to a Soundcloud stream. As for Music NFO files, they only target albums and artists, not a single track. I tried to create something like an album with only one track corresponding to the .strm file but couldn't make it works so far. Universal Artist / Album Scraper isn't able to retrieve any infos either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set label or title to .strm file0