Relocate Library to NAS?
Hi all,
First time post, so my apologies if this is in the wrong section. I have found answers to these questions in round about ways, but would like confirmation from more experienced users.

I have my Movie library on a WD external Hard Drive, connected directly to a Minix X8 media player via USB. I am about to purchase a QNAP 212-P NAS drive, and would like to relocate the the existing library to the NAS, without re-scraping all of the info and having to change everything again (artwork etc.).

Is it possible to move the library to the NAS, then change the source to the NAS folder location?

I don't really want to go down the SQL route as I intend to access the library from a couple of devices, that probably won't all be running the same version of Kodi. This is due to having a 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it approach' and think my Minix setup is working great as XBMC for Minix. However, I'd like to be able to access the movies from the media player upstairs, laptop and tablets.

I want to move to a NAS so that the library is centralised, and so that I can RAID the drives as a 'Backup' (I know raid isn't strictly backup).

Is there any downside to this approach?

I know said 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', but I think a centralised library with a 'Backup' is the way to go.

I'm not bothered about the resume capabilities I would gain from an SQL setup, or marking movies as watched, so that's not an issue. Anything I'm missing, or not thinking through properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Backup_the_...he_library
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Relocate Library to NAS?0