• 26(current)
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI
@dmdsoftware great plugin!

I wanted to ask how to get full movie information and poster fan art to show. This is what I have done so far.

1. Added Amazon Cloud Drive
2. In Cloud Drive I have created a folder with the movie and in that folder put in folder.jpg and also folder.png
3. Save STRM to local folder
4. Added the local folder as a Movie source (and picked Movie content type etc.)

I think the issue is that because there is no video file in the local folder - only an STRM file - the content scraper in Kodi doesn't pick it up. If I put the video file itself manually into the local folder it works and Kodi scraper adds movie information.

One way to fix this would be when you generate the STRM folders and files - you copy over any other non-video files from Amazon Cloud Drive into the local folder as well. e.g. fan-art jpegs and other information (nfo). So when I add the source I would pick 'Local information only' as the scraper. Would that be possible?

Note: I was just reading about the spreadsheet solution. Is that available to test for Amazon Cloud Drive?
(2017-01-02, 03:43)alvins Wrote: @dmdsoftware great plugin!

I wanted to ask how to get full movie information and poster fan art to show. This is what I have done so far.

2. In Cloud Drive I have created a folder with the movie and in that folder put in folder.jpg and also folder.png
4. Added the local folder as a Movie source (and picked Movie content type etc.)

I think the issue is that because there is no video file in the local folder - only an STRM file - the content scraper in Kodi doesn't pick it up. If I put the video file itself manually into the local folder it works and Kodi scraper adds movie information.

One way to fix this would be when you generate the STRM folders and files - you copy over any other non-video files from Amazon Cloud Drive into the local folder as well. e.g. fan-art jpegs and other information (nfo). So when I add the source I would pick 'Local information only' as the scraper. Would that be possible?

Note: I was just reading about the spreadsheet solution. Is that available to test for Amazon Cloud Drive?

Is the movie name in the filename? and what version of KODI?
(2017-01-02, 16:00)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Yes - Filename: XXX.YYYYY.1994.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-ETRG. Do I have to follow any specific naming convention?

Kodi 16.1.
(2017-01-03, 10:58)alvins Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 16:00)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Yes - Filename: XXX.YYYYY.1994.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-ETRG. Do I have to follow any specific naming convention?

Kodi 16.1.

I will investigate.
thanks for ur hard work man!
but i have problem with subtitle cant be loaded.. even if i transfer them to acd and have the same name.. tried also via plugin to dowload them but nothing happen?
(2017-01-14, 15:33)Kohuntz Wrote: thanks for ur hard work man!
but i have problem with subtitle cant be loaded.. even if i transfer them to acd and have the same name.. tried also via plugin to dowload them but nothing happen?

Thanks for letting me know.
Hi guys,

I'm very interested in storing the media files in the cloud (encrypted). But before I go further I still have some questions:

1. Yesterday I tried to stream some samples with different bitrates. The highest bitrate I was able to stream without buffering was about 25Mbit/s (I'm provided 50Mbit/s). So what are your bitrates while streaming?

2. Do you guys upload the untouched version of your Blu Rays or do you reencode it before uploading? If you do reencode, which Software (Handbrake?) and which settings do you use?

Thanks in advance!
Hi m8

Can you make it clear how to register this plugin with Amazon Drive
When I follow your instruction can't get it working
Do I need use my one time pascode in plugin for setup or generated on googles script page one?
Do I need register Gdrive plugin as well?
If I have few kodi installations do I need register for the new code for all of them?

Thanx

If this is working then great plagin for the kodi and amazing work.
(2017-01-23, 19:18)zimnysbrain Wrote: Hi m8

Can you make it clear how to register this plugin with Amazon Drive
When I follow your instruction can't get it working
Do I need use my one time pascode in plugin for setup or generated on googles script page one?
Do I need register Gdrive plugin as well?
If I have few kodi installations do I need register for the new code for all of them?

Thanx

If this is working then great plagin for the kodi and amazing work.

Visit here -> https://www.amazon.com/ap/oa?client_id=a...9T8dm/exec

Provide it a made up username and "passcode" and you will enter the same into the [enroll account] in the plugin. You have 60 seconds between the time of creating the code and enrolling, otherwise the code expires. The code is displayed but it will take you likely longer then 60 seconds to enroll that code manually. This is why I simplify things by allowing you to create a toss-away one use account that fetches this code and registers it with your install.

You can either do this on every device you want to use the plugin or simply copy the settings.xml file from a device you enrolled an account on to each device you want access.

You don't need to use the Google Drive plugin.
(2017-01-23, 00:29)neik Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm very interested in storing the media files in the cloud (encrypted). But before I go further I still have some questions:

1. Yesterday I tried to stream some samples with different bitrates. The highest bitrate I was able to stream without buffering was about 25Mbit/s (I'm provided 50Mbit/s). So what are your bitrates while streaming?

2. Do you guys upload the untouched version of your Blu Rays or do you reencode it before uploading? If you do reencode, which Software (Handbrake?) and which settings do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Transcoded media (smaller bitrate) will stream better. Same as not everyone can stream 4K content.

I personally store the bluray and a transcoded copy on my account so that I have the bluray if I want it, and can stream the transcoded version which is good enough quality that doesn't require me to have gigabit internet speeds. I recommend makemkv, but there are a lot of free and scriptable software.
What software and which Settings do you use to transcode your blurays?

Have you ever tried to stream your bluray? Once I tried to stream a sample with 40Mbit Bitrate and wasn't able to watch although my internet speed is about 50Mbit
(2017-01-23, 22:43)neik Wrote: What software and which Settings do you use to transcode your blurays?

Have you ever tried to stream your bluray? Once I tried to stream a sample with 40Mbit Bitrate and wasn't able to watch although my internet speed is about 50Mbit

My internet is 15Mbps so I won't be trying this anytime soon.
Doest the STRM auto update work now ?
Last time I checked, it did not worked.
Or maybe I don't know how to use it...
Sorry for my english.
(2017-01-26, 15:22)Brigitte-Bedo Wrote: Doest the STRM auto update work now ?
Last time I checked, it did not worked.
Or maybe I don't know how to use it...
Sorry for my english.

There were issues so it was pulled.
hi there,
i feel like i'm going to ask a silly question, but even if i did my homework there is something i can't find/understand: how to use the encryption capabilities of this plugin.

i would like to put some family video on amazon cloud drive: it's my family, so i would like to encrypt them before putting them on the cloud (a single file, filename also encryption, like the one offered by cryptomator would be my choice), but still be able to stream from amazon to kodi.

i see that encfs encryption is supported: any chance i can find a step by step guide?

thanks a lot
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI7