Req Give absolute and dvd order their own db fields
Hey everybody,

I always hate it when you can't be sure whats in a field. (like the id field)

Thats the case with season and episode number as of now. If the user uses the dvd or absolute order nobody knows that this not the airdate order. So addons will most likely have problems, for e.g. script.trakt will scrobble the wrong episode.
It would also be nice to change the sorting on the fly and don't have to rescrap for this usecase.

If nobody is against this, I will probably start working on this, but please let's discuss this fist!
Absolutely no objections! I would love to see a solution where the user doesn't have to worry about the ordering at all when adding content.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-09-03, 16:50)mkortstiege Wrote: Absolutely no objections! I would love to see a solution where the user doesn't have to worry about the ordering at all when adding content.

When I wrote this I was thinking about own columns in the table.
It might be easier to do this in the old columns with a xml format added. Would probably be lighter code wise.

Both have pros and cons, what should we go for?
IMO option 1#. That way we don't have to deal with splitting and parsing all over again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-09-03, 18:14)mkortstiege Wrote: IMO option 1#. That way we don't have to deal with splitting and parsing all over again.

+1
Was hoping for that to be okay.
Will start soon as I want to finish watching Batman TAS and it is handled horrible now.
oh please yes!
(2015-09-03, 18:23)Razze Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 18:14)mkortstiege Wrote: IMO option 1#. That way we don't have to deal with splitting and parsing all over again.

+1
Was hoping for that to be okay.
Will start soon as I want to finish watching Batman TAS and it is handled horrible now.

Awesome. thanks in advance Wink
So there are already two columns by the name of "sortseason" and "sortepisode".
Are these unused?
Should they also be dropped?
I don't think that would be an equal replacement for this idea.

Also I'm not sure what we will do with the episodes that don't have an absolute order (specials) when you order by absolute.
(2015-09-04, 01:12)Razze Wrote: So there are already two columns by the name of "sortseason" and "sortepisode".
Are these unused?
Should they also be dropped?
I don't think that would be an equal replacement for this idea.
I am unsure if it's really used. I could imagine there are only a really few out there using it from .nfo files. Once we have proper values in database and the user is able to switch between absolute and regular sorting they shouldn't be of any need anymore.

Quote:Also I'm not sure what we will do with the episodes that don't have an absolute order (specials) when you order by absolute.

Absolute order means all episodes are season 1. specials are handled as season 0 so i see no problem here.
(2015-09-04, 07:54)mkortstiege Wrote:
Quote:Also I'm not sure what we will do with the episodes that don't have an absolute order (specials) when you order by absolute.

Absolute order means all episodes are season 1. specials are handled as season 0 so i see no problem here.

I'm not sure but I think there would be no order to grab from anywhere for the specials in this case
thetvdb has airsbefore_season/episode etc http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=...ode_Record . Not sure how reliable that is though.
(2015-09-04, 09:25)mkortstiege Wrote: thetvdb has airsbefore_season/episode etc http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=...ode_Record. Not sure how reliable that is though.

I know of these fileds, but their hardley filled and I don't know to which order they refere.
Also your link just shows me an empty page :/
Damn dot at end .. edited.

As said, i am unsure about how reliable it is as well. No idea about the order. I do not mess with shows that have absolute ordering at all so this is pretty much "new" to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Give absolute and dvd order their own db fields0