Req Sizable Video Control for Tandem Video Playback
I'd like to request a feature that I think could greatly enhance the CinemaVision add-on, as well as provide some pretty impressive functionality to any and all TV add-ons (like HD HomeRun, PseudoTV Live, etc.), and Kodi as a whole.

In short, the ability to create a sizable window-like control within Kodi that has its own separate video playing. This control should be able to play in tandem with a video or audio file that is playing in Kodi. It should not just show the "Now Playing" content, and should be able to show on top of that "Now Playing" content. One of the members here, gominoa, started to toy with the idea a year ago.

Here are a few applications for something like this:
  • Any add-on with a TV guide would be able to use this functionality to do live channel previews, like you see from many TV providers.
  • Any add-on would be able to use this functionality to do Picture in Picture with Kodi library content or live TV.
  • The CinemaVision add-on would be able to use this functionality for Video Trivia Slides, which is the only piece left before we can 100% re-create a movie theater experience in the home.

Hopefully that all makes sense to everybody. I'd love to at least start a discussion about if/how this could be done, and who on Team Kodi is capable of making it happen. Big Grin
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I'm trying to understand the request. Do you mean Picture-In-Picture?
That's one use case, yes. It would be a video control in a window that could be configured and placed anywhere on the screen over playing content.

It would allow two videos to play at once in Kodi, or a video to play over a separate audio playlist or stream. In a perfect world, add-on developers would be able to choose focus and mute or unmute either.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Kodi atm can't handle two players at the same time... so true pnp won't happen... maybe down the road with the new "Videoplayer" but not for the foreseeable future...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sizable Video Control for Tandem Video Playback0