Metropolis and Kodi 16.0 Alpha!
I know it's super early and you probably already know but Metropolis is totally not working with Kodi 16.0 Alpha.

Like the whole background is black.

Thanks Smile
I have the whole week off, I'll see what I can do. I already completed the needed 15 changes, maybe one of those already takes care of it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I tested my personal version with 16 alpha 2 and it seems to be working fine. So the fixes I applied that were needed for version 15 must be the difference.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
On a side note. Holy F*%k! There are a lot of changes to Jarvis already. I thought I was caught up with the ones to 15. They have been making Jarvis 16 changes since July, where was the memo?
I definitely didn't get any memo. There are like 20 already, and they are fairly large. I will see what I can do this week to add the needed changes to 16. Hopefully Jingai has some time to merge the ones I have already done for the update to Isengard 15. (and the thousands of lines I made for the main menu system refactor)
* Martijn hands the memo Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Almost there. Had three big projects dumped on my lap and some personal issues going on.. but hopefully can get back on this soon.
I've been pushing as many updates as I can.

All the needed ones for 15 Isengard should be ready.

I have been pushing the needed updates 16 Jarvis as I can, but some require custom addons I just can't find (or they don't exist yet)
Here is a new required menu for managing DSPs, of which I don't have, so I spoofed the content so I could place things.

ADSP addons are not fully working yet so don't worry about that one yet
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi MacGyver
sadly the link: https://github.com/MacGyverr/Metropolis/...rsonal.zip is not working
appreciate your work
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
(2015-09-12, 10:49)GranCanaria Wrote: Hi MacGiver
sadly the link: https://github.com/MacGyverr/Metropolis/archive/skin.metropolis-personal.zip is not working
appreciate your work

Sorry about that, all fixed. Remember that it's not official, doesn't update, has no support, maybe doesn't work at any given time, most stuff won't be in the official, and can be ugly. If you want to try it anyway make sure and read the Readme.

Cheers.
Thanks, I tried it with a setup according your instruction here:
https://github.com/MacGyverr/skin.metropolis-personal
but I get Dependencies not met contact author
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
If you're on 15, then it might be that the "master" version at that link is 16. If you are on 16, it's most likely because they are having issues with the http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/ server. In order to push forward I manually resolved the dependencies by building them from their git versions, and manually installing those zips (not an easy thing to explain how to do if it what I said doesn't already make some sense).

If you are on 15, then you can try the correct version for your version of Kodi 15 Isengard, however it is missing some of the things the 16 version has at this point.

If you are on 14, then you should maybe look into updating to 15, but if there is a reason that you can't, you can use the older helix 14 version here.

The list of dependencies in my 16 version are: (the version on the last 3 link to their zips)

service.skin.widgets version="0.0.13"
script.artwork.downloader version="12.0.4"
script.favourites version="2.0.0"
script.tv.show.next.aired version="3.0.0"
service.library.data.provider version="0.0.7"
script.extendedinfo version="2.0.0"
script.skinshortcuts version="0.2.1"
resource.images.studios.white version="0.0.1"
resource.images.weatherfanart.prairie version="0.0.1"
resource.images.weathericons.white version="0.0.1"

They should be pulled automatically at the time of the install once 16 is out of alpha and ready for prime-time.
I would just like to express my gratitude for your work and let you you how much I miss the Metropolis skin since installing Kodi 16 alpha. I'll certainly be returning to it as soon as its v16 ready. I'm thinking about returning to 15 just to get it back. I really like its simplicity and style. No other skin works for me like this one. I like that I can put the "clean up" right off the main home screen. I'm always adding\deleting stuff and it sure come in handy. There's bunches more, but that's the thing I've never seen in any other skin. The whole things so easy to get to use. Thank you so much. I can't be easy keeping up with all these Kodi versions updates.
I'm going to try to get a start on the Kodi 16 changes soon after the 3.2.0 release of Metropolis.

In general, though, I try to get the skin ready for release around the same time as the corresponding Kodi release, so I suggest you stay on stable if you need Metropolis to function. The one exception thus far has been Isengard.. I missed that one due to life getting in the way Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis and Kodi 16.0 Alpha!0