Kodi 15.1 and new Cinavia Trigger ???
Hello,

Any one here knows if there was a change in the Kodi base code, or last Ubuntu update that may have awaken the Cinavia monster on some BD Rips?

Previous to my last update this weekend, I was running the latest Kodi 14 version. I had already watch a rip of Insurgent without issues.
I got the notification upon Kodi starting that there was a new version out 15.1.
Ubuntu 14+ had also some updates of its own, so I decided to run a full system update.

When all was said and done, I firedup Kodi again and decided to re-watch Insurgent. About 15 mins into the movie I got the Cinavia warning.
This had never come up before.

I hear there is an add-on that may be causing this, but I have not found any in my install. I do have the BlueRay add-on installed, but I don't use it. I just go off the main movie menu. Could the mere presence of this add-on be causing this?
I can try disabling it and see.

In case any one is interested, this is the message, only instead of Amazon it was Lion's Gate or something (I did not feel like going downstairs and shoot the real screen but the message was the same).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
Shameless bump,,,, Any one? Any ideas why would a move played fine, update Ubuntu and Kodi and now the message?
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
I don't think it's kodi core related, I have never heard of Cinavia being triggered by open source software
I agree with Saner up to the part where Kodi is concerned. Sounds like a bad rip to me.
I hear you, only that I had watched it before from start to end and that message never came up.

I wonder if as part of the Ubuntu updates a new driver for my NVIDIA card was installed and since I am using HDMI, that now has some dependencies on copy protection? You think?
I understand the issue you have explained twice, but no ideas.
Run it with a debug log, would be interesting to see what else is going on
:-) Your rip includes those already ... nothing we do at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.1 and new Cinavia Trigger ???0