Bug Aspect Ratio info
I posted this under feature requests as well but the more I thought about it, it seems more like a bug. Sorry for the double post.

Currently KODI reads the aspect ratio first from the NFO file if available; then from the file itself if it's not present in the NFO.

Here's the issue:
1. I do a complete unaltered/uncompressed rip of a BD with a 2.35 AR.
The 'black bars' are encoded into the video stream (MediaInfo would see this as a 1.78 movie when it is in fact 2.35).
2. I create an NFO file and designate the AR as 2.35.
3. Allow KODI to add the files to the library.
4. Prior to watching the 1st time, the GUI will display an AR of 2.35 (this is what I want it to do).
5. Watch part (or all) of the video.
KODI will now return an AR of 1.78 as it has actually 'read' the video file (this is NOT what I want the GUI to display).
NOTE: the AR information in the NFO is not being changed. It's simply being ignored once the video has been played for any length of time. What I think is happening is the AR from the NFO is initially read and written to KODI's DB but then when the video is played for the first time, KODI overwrites what it detects as the correct AR to the DB.

So, is there a solution for this behavior?
and before anyone suggests re-encoding the video to remove the black bars, that is not an option as I require a bit for bit copy of the BD video.

Thanks in advance....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aspect Ratio info0