• 21(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
It works, thank you.
If someone is toying with kernel 4.4-rc2 or later, I reworked the Video passthrough patch: http://sprunge.us/eNAW

Ups (!) wrong thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Noted, with thanks, although I haven't looked at 4.4 yet... too much randomness as it is...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
So, from what i've read, to solve lip sync issues (same here) from the latest build we need to update, let it fully boot, and then repeat the process rougly 2 more times, and then test to see if problem persists?
(2015-11-30, 05:48)djhifi Wrote: So, from what i've read, to solve lip sync issues (same here) from the latest build we need to update, let it fully boot, and then repeat the process rougly 2 more times, and then test to see if problem persists?

Nope, nothing to do with lip sync - booting twice solves the "waiting on Network to come online" message/delay, and also WiFi connection issues.

Basically a whole bunch of unnecessary services have been installed by #1121 that run at start-up, causing delays and mucking up WiFi. After you initially boot #1128 these services are deleted (but are still there the very first time #1128 is booted), so boot #1128 a second time for a normal "clean" start without the services installed by #1121. This only needs to be done once.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
For the guy with the mp3 track issue: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5047#ticket upstream bugreport is filed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-30, 10:30)fritsch Wrote: For the guy with the mp3 track issue: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5047#ticket upstream bugreport is filed.

Thanks. Should I keep checking here for something to test, or is there somewhere else in the forum for beta development?

Best wishes,

Mark
Nope - just read the link from time to time ... it's not easy fixable and handbrake does shit :-)

That file does not play on quicktime on an Apple either ...
(2015-11-30, 21:56)fritsch Wrote: Nope - just read the link from time to time ... it's not easy fixable and handbrake does shit :-)

That file does not play on quicktime on an Apple either ...

Is there something better (and free/cheap) for encoding video? I've been using versions of handbrake for years, and never had trouble until now.
Sadly not really that can be used easily by enduser - just don't use mp3 next time, but something else ... let's see what will happen to the bugreport. The ffmpeg guys know what they do and are fast doing it.
Ok, hopefully someone can help me.

Currently using Openelec 7 (Jarvis). Milhouse build 1125.
Everything is fine but the audio signal. I only get PCM input to my receiver.
I have connected my INTEL NUC to a DENON AVR-X2000. And then from my receiver to the TV PHILIPS PFL9704 (see my signature) (via HDMI).
My receiver will not decode that signal to DTS or DD. What is the matter. I am not quite sure that I have understood the issue. But I think my receiver has to decode the signal from PCM to either DTS or DD? Or there should DD or DTS signal coming from the NUC to the DENON receiver. But my receiver gets PCM signal only (checked input signals from HDMI).
My receiver is fully capable decoding those signals. And I had no problems before. Maybe it is some setting that went wrong.
I have of course enabled passthrough option in system.
I am not sure if this is KODI, Openelev or receiver related. Similar post in Openelec Forum.
xbmclogs.com/pjbjqsdda
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
You don't have passthrough enabled
(2015-11-30, 22:28)fritsch Wrote: Sadly not really that can be used easily by enduser - just don't use mp3 next time, but something else ... let's see what will happen to the bugreport. The ffmpeg guys know what they do and are fast doing it.

Does this fix it. That is the fix for the linked issue, but it's not clear if it solves the original issue or not.
(2015-12-01, 15:09)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, hopefully someone can help me.

Currently using Openelec 7 (Jarvis). Milhouse build 1125.
Everything is fine but the audio signal. I only get PCM input to my receiver.
I have connected my INTEL NUC to a DENON AVR-X2000. And then from my receiver to the TV PHILIPS PFL9704 (see my signature) (via HDMI).
My receiver will not decode that signal to DTS or DD. What is the matter. I am not quite sure that I have understood the issue. But I think my receiver has to decode the signal from PCM to either DTS or DD? Or there should DD or DTS signal coming from the NUC to the DENON receiver. But my receiver gets PCM signal only (checked input signals from HDMI).
My receiver is fully capable decoding those signals. And I had no problems before. Maybe it is some setting that went wrong.
I have of course enabled passthrough option in system.
I am not sure if this is KODI, Openelev or receiver related. Similar post in Openelec Forum.
xbmclogs.com/pjbjqsdda

Same Avr with asus chromebox no problem

Are you in expert mode ?

edit:are you sure you don't enable direct mode with denon ?

did you try resetting avr cpu ?
(2015-12-01, 15:17)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 22:28)fritsch Wrote: Sadly not really that can be used easily by enduser - just don't use mp3 next time, but something else ... let's see what will happen to the bugreport. The ffmpeg guys know what they do and are fast doing it.

Does this fix it. That is the fix for the linked issue, but it's not clear if it solves the original issue or not.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5047#comment:2 <- according to cehoyos he reproduced with current master
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4